Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:run:

As for the pressure, Hardy says it’s enormous. “I’ve never been more excited and out of my comfort zone.” He’s seen the film, and says it’s “fucking unbelievable”. He’s attached to a further three Mad Max films, though as he says, “Everything’s based on figures and how things are perceived. Inevitably it’s a business.”

We were in the middle of nowhere, so far away from the studio system that [Warner Bros] can’t really see what’s going on, and just getting things to and from the set was a nightmare. We’d lose half a vehicle in sand and have to dig it out. It was just this unit in the middle of x-million square-kilometres of desert, and then this group of lunatics in leathers, like a really weird S&M party, or a Hell’s Angels convention. It was like Cirque du Soleil meets fucking Slipknot.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Guy on another site got an early screening.

The movie is fucking amazing

I will say that the trailers do show you a lot of the money shots of the film

BUT for once they don't really take away from the movie. You need to see this on a huge screen to appreciate what is surely the finest vehicle based action ever put on film.

oh and the best part of this movie is that it stands 100% on its own. There are nods here and there to the previous 3 movies, but this isn't some pastiche of nostalgia. It is its own movie, and you can never have seen the first 3 and enjoy the fuck out of this (if you're a monster and haven't seen the first 3)

This is basically the trend. Cant fucking wait.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
[MENTION=206]skeezer[/MENTION] [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION], opening weekend

Fury Road has some of the clearest action direction I’ve seen in any film. There’s never a point in where I was at a loss for where characters were, what they were moving toward, and how the many intersecting paths lead to important collisions. Major and minor characters are tracked through the constantly-moving chaos, and Miller, cinematographer John Seale, and editor Margaret Sixel juggle them all without dropping a single one.

At times I dream of Fury Road shot on film; my more rational mind knows there’s no way this movie would exist shot on film. Shooting digital, cameras could run endlessly allowing the convoy of vehicles to keep rolling through take after take. In so doing, Miller and his crew apparently captured every moment they needed to build action scenes that burst with chaotic frenzy, in which every character movement is clearly tracked.

Films are built painstakingly in fractions, one moment at a time, but Fury Road is like a thing born in an explosion, roaring to life fully formed as the end product of some cinematic Big Bang. It feels more new than we have a right to expect from any sequel, and even with missteps in mind is bracingly progressive, and a triumphant return for George Miller.

/Film rating: 9 out of 10

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
More reviews -

Mad Max: Fury Road Review #1 - ComingSoon.net

Like being given a look into the brain of an insane drug-fueled alien, George Miller’s genius as a visionary helps make Mad Max: Fury Road one of those rare cases when a filmmaker returns to their groundbreaking franchise and manages to create something just as game-changing.

Mad Max: Fury Road Review #2 - ComingSoon.net

While it’s still early in the summer, Mad Max: Fury Road is the best movie of the summer so far. I really look forward to seeing it again and it sets the bar high not only for movies for the rest of the summer, but for action movies for the next 10 years. I hope we get to explore more of the world of Mad Max again soon.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Awesome :rofl:

George Miller was telling us they had to use canon dslrs for many of the shots because the camera would just be annihilated 50% of the time.

So they would go to the airport in namibia and pick up a couple for $1500 each when they broke them.

Even more awesome :run:

The Score by Tom Holkenborg (junkie xl) is on spotify and torrents now

it's amazing

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
DrewAtHitFix ‏@DrewAtHitFix 9 hours ago Los Angeles, CA
I was wrong about how good FURY ROAD is. It's better than I said.

Devin Faraci ‏@devincf 10 hours ago
2nd viewing of FURY ROAD: one of the greatest movies I have ever seen.

John Gholson ‏@gholson May 12
HOLY. CRAP. FURY. ROAD. That was like nothing I've ever seen before.

david ehrlich ‏@davidehrlich May 12
saw FURY ROAD again. the Age of Ultron isn't just over, it's as if it never happened. Charlize Theron deserves an Oscar, possibly a Nobel.

[MENTION=206]skeezer[/MENTION] [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info