Looking for a TIRE shop

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
596217b5bd20b97a8419571b50aa8da4.jpg
c8e5b7a8afb0ef88cc20cdf41fb512a4.jpg

Also that is a wooden 4x4 lifting the front end, cribbing FTW!

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
Took the wheels for my 71 to Discount Tire in Highland, IN. I explained to them that the two wider tires go on the wider rims and the narrower wheels on the front. Get them all the way home and they are wrong. Didn't think to double check them while there. Stupid me for thinking they knew how to determine width from tire size. I bring them back and they scratched 3 of the 4 all in the centers.

Just below the center cap which does hide the scratches/scrapes.

Finding someone who knows how to do it isn't the problem...it's finding someone who treats your shit like his own shit or better for that matter.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
It's 2017, pretty much any tire shop around is capable of this. Discount is in every neighborhood and they've never scratched or fucked up anything I've brought to them.

The two locations closest to me don't have a very good track record. My mother in laws SUV; they scratched a wheel and broke two sensors. They broke new ones installing them. They repaired a tire on my old truck and it leaked constantly after. Took it to NTB and they did a plug patch. Only bad part was that they dragged a wheel weight along the wheel remounting the tire. They had it refinished.
That's why I want someone who's done well for someone. Sad though Discount used to have good tire busters but like everything else it's gone to shit.
They need Union Skilled Labor. :D

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Man, I guess I have really been lucky...again, and again, and again, and again! lol

Will continue to use the Discount by my house. So I guess my final SINGLE recommendation is to come to the Discount in Carpentersville on Randall. I will personally vouche for them. If they were good enough to mount and balance a $3500 set of CCW's for me, I think your stockers will survive.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Man, I guess I have really been lucky...again, and again, and again, and again! lol

Will continue to use the Discount by my house. So I guess my final SINGLE recommendation is to come to the Discount in Carpentersville on Randall. I will personally vouche for them. If they were good enough to mount and balance a $3500 set of CCW's for me, I think your stockers will survive.

And yours might be good. The one in oak forest that closed, wtf right?, was always really good then poof! Gone! It was always busy too....

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Discount Tire wants 184.00 to change over and balance 4 tires...lol What a fucking joke. I'll be waiting until next week and have it all done as scheduled. I asked the guy if that price was correct and he said oh yea that's the going rate for 22's. I said if you don't want to mount tires bought elsewhere you should probably just say that vs giving people prices that reflect an ass fucking..lol

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Discount Tire wants 184.00 to change over and balance 4 tires...lol What a fucking joke. I'll be waiting until next week and have it all done as scheduled. I asked the guy if that price was correct and he said oh yea that's the going rate for 22's. I said if you don't want to mount tires bought elsewhere you should probably just say that vs giving people prices that reflect an ass fucking..lol
That's insane. They did my current 20's for under $100. Can't remember exactly what it was, but definitely under $100. They also sourced my 305 Nitto's that were sold out everywhere online at a Discount in Ohio I believe and beat my best price.
What about your local GM dealership ?
Yea, they should take care of you since you're driving a GM vehicle...lol
So have you heard of A&L autobody in palatine?
He ain't driving to Palatine. Bet me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info