Lift in the Garage - Hibernating

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
and please stick around. Im bout ready to start yanking and cranking. Gunna have some questions in your setup and what like/dont like....

are those long tube? I was going to go with the Hawks longtube kit with Y pipe..

These are Hawks 1 7/8" to 3" Stainless steel LSX swap custom headers. When I met the guys from hawks last year at an event they said they didn't yet have a Y-Pipe or anything for the 3" collector setup, so the headers you're looking at must be the 2.5" collector version.

The headers are great, only thing is I wish they came polished. Had to do that myself by hand

If you go with the version with the y-pipe, I believe they require you to use their trans crossmember, which is fine if you still want to leave the torque arm on the tailshaft of the transmission.

I however would strongly advise you move the torque arm to the crossmember to take the stress off the tailshaft. It'll increase the longevity of your trans.

The best crossmember I found was the one I pictured the hooker

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Actually I'm getting that same set used from a buddy. We are bartering parts and labor. Basically I'm taking EVERYTHING from his car and have to replace certain things such as exhaust. He did a major transplant and I took his engine and wiring and tuning. Going to be fun. I want to swing by soon and check yours out...

What's the red one?

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Actually I'm getting that same set used from a buddy. We are bartering parts and labor. Basically I'm taking EVERYTHING from his car and have to replace certain things such as exhaust. He did a major transplant and I took his engine and wiring and tuning. Going to be fun. I want to swing by soon and check yours out...

What's the red one?

PM me, you can come by whenever in the area. The red one as in crossmember? That was a spohn one, super heavy duty, and optioned with a safety loop, but kills ground clearance for long tubes

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Been putting in alot of work, having a lift has some big advantages

1) Cut a hole in the body and welded a 1/4" thick ring in, with holes drilled/tapped for a fuel pump access panel

2) Installed 99-02 fbody ls1 fuel tank, 255lph racetronix fuel pump, and swapped gauge sender in tank to match OHM range of stock cluster. Used stainless steel straps with new hardware

3) Added stainless braided lines from tank to body

4) Blueprinted and made custom CNC delrin bushings to eliminate clutch/brake pedal slop

5) Installed tick adjustable master cylinder

6) Upgraded to a 60gal air compressor and ran 240V around the garage

7) Installed brand new SPAL fans to replace the cheap chinese ones I had on there

8) Installed spal fan relay harnesses

9) Undercoated and cleaned entire under carriage

10) Sanded and painted heat shields under body

11) Mounted stainless exhaust brackets using rivnuts in frame rail

12) Installed mufflers

13) Installed a nice set of Corsa exhaust tips

14) Installed LSX badging, but clear coating them prior to install. Originally they are bare metal

15) Installed new double shear lower coil over brackets for safety

16) Installed/MODIFIED UMI PHB relocation kit, that has 5 adjustments for leveling the LPHB. *no one has this installed on a 3rd gen afaik yet*

Waiting for my hydraulic pipe expander to come in, ordered an impact gun type, but wouldn't expand the stainless good enough for a slip fit in the rear

1 (1).jpg

1 (2).jpg

1 (3).jpg

1 (4).jpg

1 (5).jpg

1 (6).jpg

1 (7).jpg

1 (8).jpg

1 (9).jpg

1 (10).jpg

1 (11).jpg

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info