L.A

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I guess I missed the part about NYC.

I lived out there, well "Joisey" for a couple years as a kid.

If you're IN the city it may not be too bad from a traffic standpoint as you can take subways or walk if you're near to your destination(s), but you won't get anything but an outhouse for $2k/mth. Well, maybe something out a little further in one of the other 4 boroughs and even then... But weather is not necessarily as cold as here, but subject to Noreasters bringing lots of snow. Lots of humanity packed on a couple islands, expensive to drive anywhere, etc, etc...

dartmorth

Apr 13, 2017
I guess I missed the part about NYC.

I lived out there, well "Joisey" for a couple years as a kid.

If you're IN the city it may not be too bad from a traffic standpoint as you can take subways or walk if you're near to your destination(s), but you won't get anything but an outhouse for $2k/mth. Well, maybe something out a little further in one of the other 4 boroughs and even then... But weather is not necessarily as cold as here, but subject to Noreasters bringing lots of snow. Lots of humanity packed on a couple islands, expensive to drive anywhere, etc, etc...
Yeah I've always lived in the east coast I moved to Illinois 2 years ago it's not that bad here
We both agreed that we would take a trip to both cities he's always loved warm weather I hate it i love anything under 60 he likes driving I don't
And both if really can't afford to go out separate ways so it's not like we can each go to were we want to go...
I told him the only reason I would live in California is because mexico is close and I could visit my mom and sissters from time to time and eat tacos :D
Idk I just can't convince my self to move there you guys all make good points I just really can't
I love nyc and everything that comes with it the piss smelling alleys, shit smelling carts (people aren't rude they just have better things to do then listen to you)and plus if I get really lucky I might find a rent controlled apartment close to the subway but Ahhhh...!!! I just can't
Someone help me!!!!

bnr32

Regular
TCG Premium
Nov 6, 2013
I'd do Long Beach and San Diego before L.A. I love it out there, spent much time there. The weather and ocean and beaches make it worth it, always. Only thing I dislike about LA is how far apart everything is and you basically have to drive always, not like Chicago at all.

dartmorth

Apr 13, 2017
Have you visited either? I've wanted to move to Manhattan for many years...after visiting it a dozen times I realized that Chicago is very similar.

maybe ask yourself How much rent do I pay now ? and can I pay 3 times that amount ?
I have been to Manhattan I lived there when I was a kid (Greenwich Village) but I was like 10 i like both Chicago and ny but guess ultimatly I might just spend some time in each city and then make up my mind

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info