Junkyard hook-up

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Dan what about any gtp's? Does he have any? Perferably 04 or newer, i wanna get a gen v

At the yard in Joliet there are 2 04+ Grand Prix, One had bad front end damage so I couldn't get the hood open, the other I didn't take a look at so I dunno if either of them are GTP's or not.

There were 2 97-03 GTPs though (and a PILE of GT's and SE's), both still had their Super Chargers. One had some cool looking dual tips too.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
can you see if he has any 5.4L shortblocks from a Lightning/harley/f150.

and any 4r70ws auto transmissions from 99-04 mustang GTs Auto.

I'll probably be at the yard briefly on Monday picking up my 4G63, I'll keep an eye out. How long as the F-150 had the 5.4? 1996 right?

I'm afraid he only has bubble-body Mustangs from what I've seen :dunno:

NetChemica may still have his Automatic transmission IIRC.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Only civic on his lot right this second is a EG sedan with Tan interior, Hatches are a PITA to find in yards I've noticed.

There is an SI thats all riced out in that yard I mentioned in Joliet that still had good backseats, but they are grey with that deep blue 'confetti' pattern in the middles.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Where's this junkyard located? And do they pull the parts for you or can you go look around and pull the parts out yourself? I may have to go take a look cause the only cheap junkyard around here where you can pull parts is U-Pull-It in Aurora and they don't have shit as far as Grand Prix's go. You know if any of them had graphite leather in them?

My yard is fairly small, but since the owner actually works on the yard, he's alot easier to deal with than the other yards, and sells stuff fairly cheap typically. Its located in Ottawa IL, and its called like "Earls Wrecking" or something along those lines. Yes, it is a 'you pull it' yard.

The yard in Joliet is also a you pull it, and is MASSIVE. They had 4-5 97-03 Grand Prix, I'm fairly sure atleast 2 had leather as I know the GTP did.

They wanted $60 per seat off a civic, so I'd imagine it will be sub- $100 per seat for a full power seat.

Oh, Birdman, I forgot to mention "City Auto Wreckers" is around the corner from Aurora You Pull It, and they have a much better selection of newer cars, I was there about 4 months ago, and they had 5-6 Grand prix on the lot, but they are only open Sat and Sunday IIRC.

I've been there before, they have a website where you can check out their inventory too, cause they pull off the parts, seems like a pretty legit place.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Oh, Birdman, I forgot to mention "City Auto Wreckers" is around the corner from Aurora You Pull It, and they have a much better selection of newer cars, I was there about 4 months ago, and they had 5-6 Grand prix on the lot, but they are only open Sat and Sunday IIRC.

Meh, both yards in Aurora suck IMO. I've never found anything great at either of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info