Job Opportunity

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
I don't think most people have the luxury of working within 5 minutes of their home; at least not a career job. I couldn't see commuting being a deal breaker just because you have it too good now on that end of things. Substantial income increases don't happen all that often, especially if you don't have "education" to back it up. Unfortunately that matters to a lot of people. Not sure if you have kids or not, but if you're going to be making so much more bank you can always move later.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
i did this once and will fucking never do it again.

your job description will become "shit-catcher"

Same happened to me at my current job. Finally after the first year I had to have a sit down with the owner and my Mom (shes VP here) and say we have to set what is my job description and responsibilities... I don't mind helping out with other things because we're a small company, but I can't just have everything fall into my lap.

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
So I met with the Director I'd be reporting into last week and we really hit it off. Nothing set in stone yet but there is a good chance I'll be changing my job in the next month or two. The commute will suck but the opportunity is too good to pass up I think. I'm shooting for at least a 20% raise at the point since they dropped the level by one grade. The bonus, 401k, vested in the medical if I retire from there in 15 years (yea, I'm an old fucker at 40 and have been with my current employer for 10 years) and performance incentive points (second bonus) are too good to pass up. I guess I might not take it if the money isn't good enough or my current employer does something big to keep me.

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
Well, 20% will definitely be 5 digits and between the regular bonus and PIP bonus I'll be WELL into the 5 digits. What sucks is I have to be there for three years before I start getting the PIP bonus. My bonus now is 8% and usually funded at 90-95%. My bonus at the new place will be 14% and is usually funded at 120%.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info