Ikea Furniture

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Not everything there is cardboard and sawdust junk. We bought a king bed frame and it’s solid wood, minus a section of MDF wainscoting on the headboard. The nicer stuff like that isn’t super cheap like the cardboard stuff but it’s wayyy cheaper than even something like Ashly which is straight garbage furniture.
Sounds exactly like mine from ikea. All extremely sturdy except the inserts for the headboard. The matching dresser is sturdy as hell too.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I remember years ago (about 10yrs ago), somehow some way we were put on Ikea's "preferred installation company" list. My boss figured fuck it, why not give it a shot. Did like 4-5 jobs and we refused to take any more after that. Between shit being broken in the box and just the overall amount of time it took to build we couldnt make any money. Till this day I still think my boss signed up for that shit but he always denied it, lol.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I think people who have a hard time building ikea stuff are in the same catagory as those parents who act like assembling a Barbie dream house on Christmas Eve is the biggest challenge they’ve ever had in life. I enjoy the shit out of building ikea stuff. I wanna buy some more just so I get to build it

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
It is cheap furniture. I have a couch that is chincy and broken. I have found that living room and bed room furniture is better bought at Ashley's or Art Van. Even the cheapest sets are better quality than Ikea and not all that much more expensive. For glass cabinets and displays, Ikea is good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info