I did a thing. It's a new cup holder.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
2012 Escalade Premium with 40K clicks on her, 2nd row power fold buckets that I want to find someone to swap a bench with, 6.2L, AWD, 22's, seating for 6 and retractable running boards. Third row seats will be yanked as soon as I can figure out where to store them or sell them.

Mod list is tint the front windows, get a 60/40 bench for the 2nd row and maybe somewhere down the line lower it 2" front and 3" in the rear.

Already have the Airaid intake tube on it from my Silvy (glad I never threw the stock intake out), front Weathertech liners are in it now and all the fluids look/smell fine. I need to get under it again for a more in depth inspection but it's not showing any signs of leaking, no vibration at any speed nor any odd noises. I'm gonna pop the front wheel off tomorrow to check the brakes but they feel fine and it's not pulling to either side when I squash the pedal. I wish I saved the Powerslot rotors and EBC pads for this but oh well.

It fits nice in the garage. Better pics to come.
7d8ee37077bafecbe17519cc03f652e9.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Been looking at vinyl to wrap the "wood" on the interior most of the day. I like the contrast of the wood grain but I don't love it. Thinking of going with carbon fiber wrap but I don't want the interior to be too dark. Maybe a gloss grey CF wrap? I think it'd be a good flow with the black and the brushed aluminum dash accents. I have some 3M CF wrap laying around from an old project, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Only problem I see is the strip on the steering wheel.

So much wood.
df24f7304f7e21085b2000825e0091ed.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
What do I win?

A nod and wave if I see you around the mean streets of east Elgin or Streamwood.

I never understood the wood. Should definitely be a glossy CF or some sort of steel look.

That's a lot of woodgrain. Go with a wheelskin leather wrap to cover up the wood on the wheel.

I've seen a lot of CF in the interiors and the dark colors really only look good when they're glossy but I want a little more "pop" than a dark CF but we'll see, I just found my partial roll of 3M Di-Noc CF.

I've fought with WheelSkin wraps before and they always got irritating to the point of me giving up. If anything in the car has to be perfect with me it's the steering wheel and I might be able to convince a vinyl wrap to go on better than those things. Plus the WheelSkin might nullify point of the heated steering wheel.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Damn, nice pickup. How much wiggle room between the wall and the garage door? It looks like a couple of inches.

Compared to my Silverado there's a lot more room. Crew cab short bed Silverado gave me 1/2" from my toolbox and detailing cabinet and 2-3" from the rear bumper to the overhead door. If I wanted to get something from the drivers side I had to climb thru or open the overhead and walk around. With the Escalade I have PLENTY of room. A foot or two front and rear. I can actually walk to my toolbox instead of leaning over my hood and I can walk all the way around the Esky with the overhead shut.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
As of this moment I've ordered.
LED fogs
LED interior bulbs
White DRL bulbs. Will probably end up with LEDs with load resistors to trick the computer.
Weathertech cargo mat
Mcgard locking lugs
Probably order a roll up cargo cover today.
Debating tinting the fog lights, headlights and tail lights.

Have to find a place to store the third row seats or just sell them on C-list.

Now I just have to figure out where to take it to get the front windows tinted. Any recommendations in the west burbs/Elgin area?

Fits in the garage nicely with plenty of room and I can back it in far enough to the side so my wife can open her door and I can avoid "mystery" door dings.

5510a3802a8d913ba5479971f9c40a02.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Looks good! But I have to say that this style front end looks so dated compared tot he new one. Its crazy that they're only a few years apart. I love the new ones

Well the design is 10 years old. If I could afford a new one this would've been the "I won the lottery and this is what I bought" thread and would've included a CTS-V. The new Escalade and Yukons are gorgeous tho.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Kinda forgot about this thread. Not a build thread obviously, if I ever put a supercharger or turbo on it (not gonna happen) then Iā€™ll make one of those. Trying to stay in chronological order.

First was the carbon fiber (3M DiNoc) wrap over the fake wood grain. Spent a decent amount of time making it look just right but the clearance issues made buttons stick and the higher use areas like around the door switch and cup holders didnā€™t hold up and itā€™s since been removed. Debating doing it again or just painting it to match the exterior. Plus I could never get anything to stick to the steering wheel for more than a few days.

bada8d32e71a46db03fb344c4718a47f.jpg

996fe916b052c21badda426e6c90fc3a.jpg

Second was a catch can. Canā€™t hurt. Why not?
35b2da02cc8a61032b62a4808af2491b.jpg

Put LaminX on the headlights and cut windows out for the light. I never understood why they had those big bug-eyed headlights on such a good looking front end. Looks WAAAAAYYYY better this way.

7b8fe9037c83985e09bb0407aada93a7.jpg

4cde26ee072fb4d90fc48b9495558c1e.jpg

Watched this little guy who just turned 1 come into the world and is the entire reason I traded in a ā€˜13 Silverado for a ā€˜12 Escalade. Couldā€™ve made due with the Silvy but the Esky is just too nice.
cf05ce624e4d0c2f12b5e00479eea76e.jpg

Factory struts were completely wasted when I bought it and replaced the ridiculously priced magnetic ride front struts with Arnott passive struts. If the mag ride shocks would last longer than 40-50k miles I wouldā€™ve gone with those but I got all 2 rear air ride struts and full front assemblies for $100 more than the cost of 2 MRC struts. Rides just fine.
eb0e29e949456f1b3969889e29634565.jpg

I also lowered the rear 2.5ā€ to be even with the front fender lip. Looks like itā€™s squatting (it is) until the compressor fills the struts. Once filled itā€™s 1/8ā€ off. Lowered on a Belltech kit with lower shackles, lowering springs and the correct sway bar links for the drop.
bda5f9b5068572e662ac08439d26c640.jpg

Had a very odd rattle at 1500 rpm that I finally tracked down to being a bad hub. Finding the rattle was more luck than anything, the hubs generally go at 50-60k, I thought that might be the cause of the noise and it was due for new hubs anyway. Replaced with Timken hubs.
54935cabe2f0553a1c8f7a6b4875aebe.jpg

Upgraded the brakes to EBC slotted rotors with EBC Green Stuff 7000 pads since I had everything apart to do the hubs. Once these pads are done Iā€™m getting something that creates less dust, the EBC pads dust like a motherfucker.
65d497cc25e8ae59d481033d848bd589.jpg

Got bored and took the roof rack off just to see what it looks like without it. Turns out I like it and itā€™ll stay off until I need to get a cargo box for up there.
ef210be3cea5cf7151f776982fcd404c.png

I donā€™t have pics but the only bulbs that havenā€™t been switched to LED are the front turn signals and the factory HID headlight. Put new tires on it (Bridgestone Dueler Alenza), tinted the windows 40% front and 20% over the factory rear tint, Weathertech cargo liner and a big comfy pillow crate mat for my dog to chill on (and to change the baby on).

Future plans.
Possible Corsa cat-back. Corsa is the only manufacturer that still makes a kit for the dual exit (Premium and Platinum models) rear bumper. BUT!!! If I can find an exhaust shop thatā€™ll do the work Iā€™m going to put a spare tire under there (bad part of having that factory dual exit) and reroute the exhaust around it. Or Iā€™ll put a Magnaflow muffler on, dump it before the axle and put a spare where itā€™s supposed to go.
Factory radio and NAV sucks balls and Iā€™ll upgrade to a Pioneer unit sometime soon. Probably sooner than later since the HU has a fit every once in a while and wonā€™t change stations or source until the truck is shut off and restarted. Plus the maps arenā€™t supported anymore and you canā€™t get a disc from GM newer than 2013.
Either Iā€™ll wait and swap a bench for my buckets or Iā€™ll make a center console for in between the second row that will either hold a sub and amp or just be more storage for baby stuff and miscellaneous crap. Most likely option B because finding a power fold heated bench is like finding Bigfoot.

Thread Info