🔧 BUILD GTPpower's 05 F-350 6.0 PSD

General Information

I need a way to help me keep track of everything I'm doing to this thing.

1688935651524.png

I bought it from a dealer on 02/01/17. It needed an oil cooler and possibly a headgasket. I farm and own a construction business, so reliability is a main concern. I took it to a diesel shop a few weeks later to get the following done.

-Headstuds
-4" Turboback Exhaust
-Edge CTS2 Pro with Gearhead Custom tuning
-Edge EGT Probe
-Mishimoto Coolant Filter
-Valvecover Gaskets
-Rear Main Seal
-Updated Oil Cooler
-Rear Cover Gasket
-Updated Turbo Feed Line
-Rocker Box Gasket
-Injector O-ring kit
-Heater Tube O-ring
-Motorcraft Crank Sensor
-Passanger and Driver Glow Plug Harnesses
-Hpop Gasket Kit
-Updated Turbo Oil Drain
-Standpipe & Dummy Plug Kit
-Blue Spring Kit
-6.4 Pushrods
-6.4 Lifters
-Cam position sensor
-Racor Oil and Fuel Filters
-5w-40 Synthetic Oil
-CAT Extended Life Coolant

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
It's about 12k total behind me. This is pulling up a huge hill. I had to let off at the top because the semi pulled down to 40mph at the top.
https://youtu.be/pBHlLF71DnM

Not bad for 20 seconds of what sounded like it was really trying to get up the hill. Speed didn't drop off at all until you let it, which is :fy:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I've thought about that. I just figured it'd be easier and cheaper to just unlevel it. Although, I am buying a gooseneck dump trailer. Maybe air bags would help it towing more. Anyone have airbags?

My neighbor just put them on his 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 gasser truck that he uses to pull his giant 5th wheel camper trailer after his leveling kit made his truck look like it was squatting while pulling.

He hasn't pull again yet since installing them, but we're all 100% confident that they'll address his concerns to his satisfaction.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My neighbor just put them on his 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 gasser truck that he uses to pull his giant 5th wheel camper trailer after his leveling kit made his truck look like it was squatting while pulling.

He hasn't pull again yet since installing them, but we're all 100% confident that they'll address his concerns to his satisfaction.

that dude isn't passing a gas station. ever. :rofl:

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Not bad for 20 seconds of what sounded like it was really trying to get up the hill. Speed didn't drop off at all until you let it, which is :fy:

I had a lot of throttle left too. I'm pretty sure that the turbo is sticking because vgt% stays at 15%, which it's not supposed to do. So as soon as I get a little time, I need to pull the turbo off and clean it or just replace it.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska

How does he like the 6.4? I came really close to buying one.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
yeah that sounds about right.

we have one in our work fleet, it's probabbly got 2k of stuff in it, but rarely tows...

i think it's at 11-12mpg which isn't terrible.

ive towed boats with one and it had plenty of power for whatever i was pulling. i like em, and i mean you were (might still be) able to get decently equipped ones brand new for 37-39k OTD iirc... crew cab, cloth, carpet, 2500's, in floor storage, 6.4, backup cam, etc.

Thread Info