Good news for all you drone enthusiasts!

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
robots-police-drone.png

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL

I see this as a good idea, and a move in the right direction when it comes to keeping recreational drones and/or their operators from having to be licensed out the ass. Idiot proofing... If the drones simply cannot fly into areas that are designated no-fly zones, then there should not be a need for aggressive over-reaching legislation surrounding this. Sure, there will be some, but it will likely be less invasive if the overall assumption is that people will not be able to operate in those areas.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Fuck the FAA.

We couldn't do any actually rocket builds in high school physics because we were too close to O'hare. So instead we did 2 liter pop bottle rockets. Was the biggest disappointment ever.

But I can understand something like you can't fly a drone higher than 500ft within a 5 mile radius of an airport or something like that.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Fuck the FAA.

We couldn't do any actually rocket builds in high school physics because we were too close to O'hare. So instead we did 2 liter pop bottle rockets. Was the biggest disappointment ever.

But I can understand something like you can't fly a drone higher than 500ft within a 5 mile radius of an airport or something like that.

Fuck the FAA? Hell, I say praise them! They are the main agency keeping our asses safe from all the dipshits trying to send random shit into the air when we fly; amongst other things! Sure, they can be a buzzkill, but I cannot complain too much if it is in the name of passenger safety.

I can easily see why you guys weren't allowed to launch rockets within that close a proximity to a major airport! There are HUGE safety concerns with that!

The issue is that you cannot legislate against stupidity, so the best alternative is to not even give the idiots an option to be able to break this safety rule in the first place.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info