Godzilla ends, Blitzkrieg begins

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Can I ask what was so high for maintenance on the gtr? Granted I have no idea how many miles or how much you drove it, but all I have read is that it's the most affordable super car out there. One you can daily drive without worrying clutches will go bad At 10k miles. (Lambo gallardo)

it's not that bad at all if you can do it yourself . I have a lift in the garage and do everything myself

Mobil 1 synthetic 0w40 oil with filter - $30 [I change every 2.5-3K miles because I run E85 ]

I changed front diff oil , rear diff oil , transmission oil .total was $550 for both oils ,2 transmission filters and gaskets

I only have 7K miles on the car but I wanted to do an early oil changes to flash the factory crap out from trans and both diffs , I'm good for 30K miles now

nethingiwant

Sep 4, 2009
it's not that bad at all if you can do it yourself . I have a lift in the garage and do everything myself

Mobil 1 synthetic 0w40 oil with filter - $30 [I change every 2.5-3K miles because I run E85 ]

I changed front diff oil , rear diff oil , transmission oil .total was $550 for both oils ,2 transmission filters and gaskets

I only have 7K miles on the car but I wanted to do an early oil changes to flash the factory crap out from trans and both diffs , I'm good for 30K miles now
I applaud your skill and that you have the time and tools (a lift being a major bonus). Tho I don't lack the skill, I do lack the time as well as the convenience of a lift. No dig on u man, but this just wasn't an option for me. I want a covered car, limited hidden or unexpected costs, the convenience of dropping off car for service and just as importantly, a loaner when they have my car.

I had the GTR for nearly 8 years...unheard of for me that usually changes cars every 2 to 3 years. I LOVED the car, but don't have the time to maintain myself, and even if I did the costs are still crazy, stupid--trans fluid $90/qt x 5-6 qts.

Took the M6 on road trip this wknd to Brown County, IN. Don't regret the change from GTR as the M is a beautiful pimp cruiser. Will miss the track, drag strip and the roll races on TCG cruises tho, no longer having Godzilla :(

Thread Info