GMT K2XX 15+ GMC/Chevy Truck Hunt thread

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
KJ, I'd still be shopping '15s. There are a ton out there. I think GM prices are about $1,000 for the entire center console swap. Which iirc is what it costs new so I wouldn't sweat it I'd your boner is that hard for one. Maybe [MENTION=10447]crooks[/MENTION] can weigh in but I didn't care for stock GM projector headlights which helped me go LT plus versus LTZ. G80 code is a must of course. And if you plan on towing and want tow mirrors and give a fuck about turn signal mirrors get em from new cuz integrating is a bitch.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I hear it's not worth it. I don't know much about trailer brake controllers but my buddy who tows atvs in his enclosed said the aftermarket ones are better. But I do like the stock integrated into the dash

That is half of it, that location is sweet. I had heard the integration makes it better, but that might have been Fords... Not sure if I had heard the GM one was good or not.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
If you get a gmc the headlights suck on 14-15 1500 big time. I have hid and projectors waiting to go in mine. I like the look of 14-15 better but I would get a 16 because those headlights work.
Tow mirrors with signals are stoopid money to add on $700+. If you want them get them now.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Exactly. I'm adding non signal tow mirrors from the aftermarket. Still power and still heated and about $300. The standard halogen housings on 14 15 Chevys are good. I see much better then the 55w hids I had in my trailblazer.
[MENTION=10447]crooks[/MENTION] what are you doing for oil change intervals? I'm still at 3,000 miles. I've seen some nasty build up on valves and dropped lifters on engines that follow "spec"

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
That is half of it, that location is sweet. I had heard the integration makes it better, but that might have been Fords... Not sure if I had heard the GM one was good or not.

0 complaints on Ferd controller here.

608bac3fbe22d549a46ba46b2df019f9.jpg

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Exactly. I'm adding non signal tow mirrors from the aftermarket. Still power and still heated and about $300. The standard halogen housings on 14 15 Chevys are good. I see much better then the 55w hids I had in my trailblazer.
[MENTION=10447]crooks[/MENTION] what are you doing for oil change intervals? I'm still at 3,000 miles. I've seen some nasty build up on valves and dropped lifters on engines that follow "spec"
On 14-15 the gmc the headlight projectors are the same for all tiers with a shutter for high-low beam in one projector. They suck at night if its raining its worse. I switched to a better Philips bulb which helped a little but not much. I run the fogs every time the lights go on. Wiring the fogs on with the highs helps some. I need to install these rigid fogs and hids I got two months ago.
I change it when it reaches 50%-30% on the dash its usually around 3-4k miles. Only use mobile 1 and gm filters. Ineed to get a catch can soon. Im at 33k miles

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
On 14-15 the gmc the headlight projectors are the same for all tiers with a shutter for high-low beam in one projector. They suck at night if its raining its worse. I switched to a better Philips bulb which helped a little but not much. I run the fogs every time the lights go on. Wiring the fogs on with the highs helps some. I need to install these rigid fogs and hids I got two months ago.
I change it when it reaches 50%-30% on the dash its usually around 3-4k miles. Only use mobile 1 and gm filters. Ineed to get a catch can soon. Im at 33k miles

are we talkin' like 97-03 grand prix headlight bad?

cuz i think those may be the worst factory headlights ever.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info