Garage Flooring: What Do You Have?

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
What does something like this run for a 2 garage if you don't mind me asking?

Honestly, I don’t remember but it was more back when I bought it. It was sold through a different company too. Just have to be careful buying cheap tiles as the warp, shrink and twist, these are industrial and have not done any of this. My father put in a Craftsman tile because it was cheaper and it is SHIT compared to my floor. The ease of installation is also a plus, it’s actually kind of fun and do it with the wife. We actually just swapped out tiles last year as my original purchase I bought a yellow tile and it didn’t go with the garage makeover last summer. Literally took a half hour to swap out. I then sold the other tiles locally.

How do those tiles work with fluid spills? Does it trap it from getting to the concrete below it or does it leak through?

It does ok, I would say about 80% is trapped. Depending on the fluid too. The snow and Ice seem to drain really well from the underside in the grooves my floor had in it. I have spilled oil and because it was thicker it did not go through the tiles.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
FreeFlow Tile

free-flow-xl-graphite.png

Free-Flow XL lays down quick and helps keep a work area clean, that’s why it’s a favorite of racing teams for racing paddocks. To help keep your work area dry, the patented self-draining top and channeled understructure allows for maximum drainage and airflow. At 50% larger than the standard Free-Flow module, Free-Flow XL is compatible with all RaceDeck garage flooring.

The Key Benefits of Free-Flow XL:
High-End Style – Provides polished and professional look with a showroom finish without paint or decals
The Largest Self-Draining Garage Floor Module in the Industry – Fewer seams
Self-Draining – Maximum airflow and drainage of liquids and debris
Modular Design – Engineered to create a custom garage floor at virtually any size
Easy-to-Clean Surface – Resistant to petroleum products and most chemicals
Patented PowerLock® Technology – Flooring modules lock in place and stay engaged learn more »
High Performance Patented Diamond Substructure – Supports rolling loads of over 80,000 pounds while allowing air and moisture to escape learn more »
Compatible With All RaceDeck Garage Flooring – mix and match styles for a truly original, custom garage floorFree-Flow XL lays down quick and helps keep a work area clean, that’s why it’s a favorite of racing teams for racing paddocks. To help keep your work area dry, the patented self-draining top and channeled understructure allows for maximum drainage and airflow. At 50% larger than the standard Free-Flow module, Free-Flow XL is compatible with all RaceDeck garage flooring.

The Key Benefits of Free-Flow XL:
High-End Style – Provides polished and professional look with a showroom finish without paint or decals
The Largest Self-Draining Garage Floor Module in the Industry – Fewer seams
Self-Draining – Maximum airflow and drainage of liquids and debris
Modular Design – Engineered to create a custom garage floor at virtually any size
Easy-to-Clean Surface – Resistant to petroleum products and most chemicals
Patented PowerLock® Technology – Flooring modules lock in place and stay engaged learn more »
High Performance Patented Diamond Substructure – Supports rolling loads of over 80,000 pounds while allowing air and moisture to escape learn more »
Compatible With All RaceDeck Garage Flooring – mix and match styles for a truly original, custom garage floor

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I don't really beat up my garage so it has worked out for me.
I also brought some carpet tiles home from work and park the car on them at the 4 corners to prevent hot tire pickup.

I did this too. Well, rubber based runners. Kinda like at store entrance ways, etc... But I run it from the Park-Stops out to the edge of the garage under each side.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
How so?

[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION], god damn, I was debating doing the XL's (18"x18") instead of the regular 12x12's but that has me enticed.

The dirt, salt, and water still gets on the concrete floor and surface of the tile

How do you clean that easily in winter for example? With an epoxy floor you can easily use a floor squeegee for quick clean ups.

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I would think the free flowing tile is a bad idea unless you have some sort of drainage in the garage floor. Otherwise if you don't I would go with all solid. A squeegee should work fine even with the diamond tread or coin pattern.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I would think the free flowing tile is a bad idea unless you have some sort of drainage in the garage floor. Otherwise if you don't I would go with all solid. A squeegee should work fine even with the diamond tread or coin pattern.

i also think so much shit/dirt would get stuck in the crevices that id get pissed at it

keitho64

Regular
Jan 18, 2017
SW Burbs
I repainted my garage floor when I bought the house in 1999. The floor was painted before I bought the house so it would have been too much work to remove the paint to epoxy it. The paint job held up until last summer when I did it again. For the $$ I am happy with it.

I have a mat that I put down in winter when my wife puts her daily driver in the garage. I did this mainly to channel water out and that works great. The drawback to the mat is when you have to work on a car, it is difficult to roll a jack along.

For those of you with tile floors how easy it is rolling a floor jack, trans jack and other heavy gear?

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
i can't wait to get bashed for this idea... but what about the LVP plastic/pvc/waterproof fake wood planking shit.

stuff is durable as FUCK, waterproof... very little prepwork, quite cheap, etc.... hmmm...

I have this in my house and Im not saying it scratches easy but its no way durable enough for a garage. I have scratched mine sliding a desk and a couch.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I think anything that is tiled or put down in sections will have leaks of some type. This will make for a hell of a cleanup after years of use if you ever removed the tiles.

This is why a lot more people go the epoxy/polishing or polyurea polyaspartic over race deck/tiles/etc.

I think for looks, tiled sections have way more potential and for the sake of argument, they are easier to install/lay down compared to Epoxy. But, cost just about the same.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Bob Kazamakis Bob Kazamakis

I agree the 'plank' style flooring on their website is fancy.
but
Matt @ obsessed garage works on this on the swiss trax. He has a scissor lift, does brakes, suspension, exhaust and fluid changes etc.
He also uses a high dollar pit boss racing jack on them if need be. They are durable if used correctly.

Hell, I have a piece of plywood with rubber tile on one side to roll the jack over and 2 squares done the same way for jack stands.

Thread Info