FS: 2014 GT, 6-speed, track pack, recaros

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Thanks for the input. Is that out the door? Also, not that it's a huge factor, but GHIG is a $500 option.

Moot point on financing - credit unions can match, and often beat dealer financing.

No, OTD I was right at about $34,000 with tax title and license. But PPV tax is just as bad as buying from the dealer for newer cars now. Yuck.

Like I said man, good luck with the sale. Hopefully come springtime someone will be dying to get their hands on these cars.

dlaude6

Regular
Mar 27, 2009
New Lenox, IL
No, OTD I was right at about $34,000 with tax title and license. But PPV tax is just as bad as buying from the dealer for newer cars now. Yuck.

Like I said man, good luck with the sale. Hopefully come springtime someone will be dying to get their hands on these cars.

Oh, okay. Well then, that's MUCH different, I thought your 31.8 was OTD.

1) Tax for private parties will be $1500 (at current list price). Depending on what county the dealer is in, you'll pay roughly $2,500. Savings of about $1,000.

2) Again, I know it's not much, but mine does have an additional $500 in options.

3) I'm paying less than 2% from a credit union, so financing is very comparable to a dealer (it's very tough (though not impossible) to get near invoice price on a car AND near 0% interest financing from a dealer), and with my car, you could get both.

4) BBK shorties already installed! :) If you're into that sort of thing. Went with shorties for emissions purposes.

All that said, I know you guys helping me out aren't the ones that made the initial comment anyway, but I still don't think my price is that high, I think it's pretty fair. Not an earth shattering deal, but not overpriced. I do realize that this is a used car, and I was comparing it to new car prices.

I do appreciate the feedback, as I'm doing more research on the market of my next car and not my current car, so I'm not fully in-tune with pricing, but I'm trying to be. All feedback is appreciated.

Lastly, in your guys' opinion, would you guys be more interested in this car at ROUGHLY this price, or with standard seats at ROUGHLY a couple grand less? I've had tons of offers for swapping seats.

EDIT: here is the link to where I got my tax info from, showing it isn't the same buying from dealer vs private party: http://tax.illinois.gov/individuals/salesandrelated/cars.htm

Thread Info