Ford unveiling a new ST model at Detroit?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I'd put my money on the 3.0L ecoboost with 400hp...

I think Ford is going to rebrand the "Sports" to "ST's" across their lineup...

Problem is with that theory is that the 3.0 is a Lincoln exclusive motor. It would be stupid to put that motor in a Ford as Lincoln has actually done a decent job lately of moving away from simply sharing Ford components.

I’m betting it’s an SUV.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Problem is with that theory is that the 3.0 is a Lincoln exclusive motor. It would be stupid to put that motor in a Ford as Lincoln has actually done a decent job lately of moving away from simply sharing Ford components.

I’m betting it’s an SUV.
It will be in a Ford. Bookmark this thread if you have to to call me out in a couple years if it doesn't....

I also bet it ends up in an ST SUV

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I’m with Jason, I’d love for the 3.0EB to make its way into the Fusion, but I think that’s going to be Lincoln exclusive in that chassis. Unless the MKZ gets a new bigger motor( I’m thinking unlikely) the best the Fusion will get is the 2.7.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I mean, if you look across the board now with Lincoln and Ford, every model that Ford and Lincoln share a chassis, the Lincoln version has a bigger or more powerful motor than what’s offered from the Ford model, save the old as balls MKT.

It didn’t used to be like that, but it sure is now, and I don’t see that changing

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I mean, if you look across the board now with Lincoln and Ford, every model that Ford and Lincoln share a chassis, the Lincoln version has a bigger or more powerful motor than what’s offered from the Ford model, save the old as balls MKT.

It didn’t used to be like that, but it sure is now, and I don’t see that changing
There are Ford's that don't have a sister Lincoln.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I think where you’re confusing what I’m saying is that Ford will never offer the 3.0EB in a Fusion, Jason said it would stay a Lincoln exclusive motor full stop, but I think that motor finds it’s way into something else somewhere down the line.

Mustang ST? Would be nice in between the base EcoBoost and GT

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Explorer with the Gen 2 3.5 EB would be bonkers. If the ‘Ploder gets it, the SHO can’t be too far behind.

If they put it in the Flex, would 100 month finance
I agree, but don't see them doing it. I think they'll go for the 3.0 EB in the Explorer ST
No shits given about ST suv when there is already the Edge Sport and Explorer Sport
They'll just be called ST instead of Sport, they wouldn't have both.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info