YouTube Focus ST loses a wheel at Autox

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Pretty lucky that there was plenty of run-off for him.

Was it knockback? Or Fluid/pad related?

"Pad Knock back. I flushed the fluid after this and there were zero bubbles. The fluid that came out looked good. I remembered reading an article Randy Pobst wrote about pad knock back and his first experience with it. He would double tap the brake pedal with his left foot on the straights. I tried it and it totally worked. It turns out I have a wheel bearing going bad causing vibrations and pad knock back."

"On day two, there were major vibrations on left handers, now its humming just going in a straight line. I'm pretty sure it's a wheel bearing. I have new fronts for both sides coming in tomorrow. I should have them in by Saturday afternoon."

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah, that'll happen.

And FWIW there have been like no RPF1 failures, that's why I bought mine. My version of them aren't much cheaper than a fully forged wheel, but I saw RPF1 on time attack Evo's that like fly through the air and land sideways on them and they hold up great. $old!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info