everyones leaving IL

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Non for profits and religious organizations should pay property taxes as they use Government services. I'd be 100% for this and I am surprised that some atheist hasn't tried to go after the Government for religious tax shelters.

Im not an atheist and even I want to do that. I think it's silly how we make certain people and organizations exempt from what everyone else has to do.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
The argument is that organizations like the church save the taxpayers money. If the Catholic and Lutheran pre-8 schools closed in my neighborhood the local public schools could not absorb the headcount.

If you started taxing them, it would just get passed down, and many would stop utilizing the parochial schools.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
The local neighborhood roller rink closed down because they couldn't afford the taxes anymore. So they shut them down and it turned into a church. SMH.

Does the Village get some kind of write off of those taxes or something? I would've thought charging a place half the taxes and keeping them open would be better than a church paying nothing in taxes? :dunno:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Please nobody move to hippy ass Colorado.

Sooooo many hippies out there....

I could see how someone who's a biking enthusiast would love it out there, ALWAYS people out riding on their bikes.

My Aunt and Uncle used to live in Evergreen, CO for a LONG time, and anytime I would visit there was always people riding on the roads. There were times I thought the bikes outnumbered the cars through some of the areas.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
The argument is that organizations like the church save the taxpayers money. If the Catholic and Lutheran pre-8 schools closed in my neighborhood the local public schools could not absorb the headcount.

If you started taxing them, it would just get passed down, and many would stop utilizing the parochial schools.
Sounds like less brain washed kids

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Many people value religious education. Some people obviously don't, but to call it brain wash makes you sound like a butt hurt athiest that cries themself to sleep on Christmas eve.
You got all that from my statement? Crazy.

Teach 'em young before they can think for themselves

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info