E85 GTP

Chris01gtp

Regular
Mar 6, 2015
Thought about doing a rewire if its needed, And I thought I read with e85 applications, more boost is better than more timing. Not sure how true that is though. I am planning on just doing the swap and seeing how it runs. ZZP won't do a canned tune for me because my injectors are too small. This is what they said, "Nope, 42# injectors max at 250whp on gasoline and theoretically 175whp on e85. 60s themselves max at 275whp on e85."

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Do e85. I used to drive 100 miles a day while running it. I loved it.

Get a rewire. And not a Zzp rewire. Either get Casper's or racetronix.

If Zzp will tune it, you are kind of at their mercy as for what they say about injectors. But, I have ran over 250whp on stock injectors, so that's not really correct what they are telling you.

But, if you haven't bought injectors yet, 60's are about $5 more than 42's, and a better injector, so that is what I always recommend.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Back when I used to run it and put on all those miles, it came out to about the same cost as running premium. Now it's cheaper to run premium, at least here in Nebraska.

Hard for me to say what their tune is like. If I couldn't find anyone local to tune it, I would probably just throw the injectors in fill up with e85.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info