drinkers, how much do you drink per day?

on average, how many alcoholic beverages do you consume in a day?

• Total voters

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
On the poll I put 1-3 but that's averaged out for pretty much the entire week. Thursday pool league I'll MAYBE have 2 beers in the 4 hours I'm there and at 6'1" 200lbs my BAC is pretty much zero when I leave (DUI+CDL=no more job). Usually once or twice a week I'll have a beer or wine with dinner and obviously if I go out I'll have a few beers but never enough to come even remotely close to being able to get a DUI. Or if I'm having trouble sleeping and it's an hour or so before bed I'll pop open a bottle of whiskey and make a drink (hyper-insomnia sucks) I'm one of those people that can go to a bar all night or to a wedding and only have 2 beers and be the same goofy misfit I normally am. I also don't really like being drunk (sometimes it is a must tho), I kind of like knowing that if I have to go to the bathroom or go somewhere that I'll make it without pinballing off of 30/40 people plus at 42 years old that one night of drinking turns into a four day fucking hangover.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I can't hang anymore I'm just old can't even tell you the last time I had a drink. I have never really drank at home unless it was a party at my place.

In my late teens early 20's I could polish off a case or 30 pack of beer and still be up at 5am for work without even a hit of a hangover. Weekends were a case of beer and sometimes a 1/5 of tequila, no fucks given. Still be up at 7am making runny eggs and greasy sausage pissing off everyone else that was hungover.

Did that everyday for years, I hit 30 and I could still drink but if I stopped drinking 20 mins later I would get instant hangover and be totally useless the next day.

Now I drink maybe 4-5 times a year and never more than 6-12 beers. When I do I am useless for 2-3 days. It's not even worth it anymore. I just turned 40 last week and I don't even want to see how bad booze does me in.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
TLDR - other than to know we've got a few ppl that drink "a lot" by most doctors terms. I was recently asked the question too prior to having surgery. You gotta take that question serious and give them a straight answer. Anesthesiology is a SOB if you have too much alky in your system, like life threatening is my understanding. So be careful out there kids.

As for drinking - I can't measure by the day, because I don't drink daily. I know I can't drink as hard as I could even just 3 years ago... but that's by choice I like to think because I slowed down a lot intentionally. Work had me drinking like a fish for awhile. But not anymore, so that's good in my book. If I do get to drinkin beer, I might have 4-6 in a night. If I'm drinking whiskey, I'm taking 2 MAYBE 3. But that only occurs like 2-3x per week.

Now if I'm "partying" that's a whole different story. See me on Saturday. :s00ls:

That's my $.02.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
I rarely drink, my CDL is a big part of why. My .08 goes down to .04. But when I do it's usually a craft beer of sorts with the wife. Before kids I was drinking Tues & Thursdays - Sunday. I could drink with the best of them then. Having a hangover with kids is no bueno. Last time I was really smashed was last year [MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION] wedding where I drank a whole bottle of Remy Martin. Will never drink Remy again.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I rarely drink, my CDL is a big part of why. My .08 goes down to .04. But when I do it's usually a craft beer of sorts with the wife. Before kids I was drinking Tues & Thursdays - Sunday. I could drink with the best of them then. Having a hangover with kids is no bueno. Last time I was really smashed was last year [MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION] wedding where I drank a whole bottle of Remy Martin. Will never drink Remy again.
I was told by a State Trooper years ago the .04 is only if your driving a commercial vehicle and utilizing your CDL. I have seen that argued 100's of times, hence the reason I asked while I was stopped for a road side safety inspection.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Jesus, 32-35 beers in a 13hr period!?
Thats impressive. Not sure i can accomplish that without ahitting my pants
Lol, the only beer that made me come close to shitting my pants was Old Style.
Saturday it was a case of Coors Light, then tore in to a 12 pack of Corona that was in my garage. The Corona was gone the next morning and I know my wife had a few, so 32-35 sounds about right.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have a life philosophy that has worked pretty well for me.

When I became a Type 1 diabetic at 14, I was convinced I was going to die and never see 25. This was 40 years ago and doctors did not understand diabetes the way they do now (OK, some of them understand it, some still don't). The doctors I had at the time talked to me like I had a short time remaining and I believed them, being young and naive.

So, I decided to "enjoy" life. Alcohol, drugs, fast cars, women, dangerous behavior. Surprised I stayed out of the morgue, hospital or prison. I partied my ass off nearly every day. Twelve pack of beer, mixed drinks, cigarettes pot, coke, etc.

After ten years of this, I met my wife, got married, she got pregnant and my thinking changed. I wasn't dead yet and was still functioning well except for the partying. Partying all night and going to work the next day was getting harder to do. I decided then to eliminate the coke. I felt better after that and continued living my life.

After another ten years or so, I quit smoking cigarettes and cut way down on pot. Again, this made me feel better although it was the start of my weight gain. I went from super skinny to pot bellied. Blimped from 180 to 215. Worth it for the way I felt not being on cigarettes.

After another ten years, I decided not to drink during the week unless it was for a special occasion and I completely quit smoking pot. Once again, I felt better and my weight dropped to under 200 (It has crept back up to 215 as I have aged).

Fast forward to now. I continue to cut down my alcohol intake. Now, on the weekend, on a heavy night, I may have 4 or 5 beers. Most nights, it's 0. I have slipped a little and added a few cigars on the weekends. Don't touch them during the week unless its when I'm out with friends. Might not even have one then.

The moral of this long story is, as my body has slowed down, my intake of poisons has slowed down to compensate (except for adding the cigars) so I remain at an overall even keel based on intake and age. Maybe, when I hit 65 in 11 years, I will quit the rest of the alcohol and the cigars, maybe not. Maybe I will keep the poisons and add more exercise instead. Maybe a better diet, too. Is this perfect? Probably not but it works for me.

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
I'll just leave this here.. Younger partying days when we had parties @ home... This was my drinking cup... Had american flags on it thou lol

Would fit I believe 750ML of jager and 4 redbulls w/ice.. That would be my drink for half of night then id switch to something else when was all gone.

51-5MIPwCCL._AC_UL320_SR266,320_.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I'll just leave this here.. Younger partying days when we had parties @ home... This was my drinking cup... Had american flags on it thou lol

Would fit I believe 750ML of jager and 4 redbulls w/ice.. That would be my drink for half of night then id switch to something else when was all gone.

The 4 redbulls alone would probably kill me now. :rofl:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I was having one craft beer after work at 3am for awhile but have been working so much OT that stopped. Friday and Saturday I'll have between 2 and 15, just depends.

I know if you tell your doctor you drink daily they are checking some box or putting in the notes something about alcoholism.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah, fuck them :rofl: I've seen those 30 rack/day guys in their late 50's still kickin'. This guy I work with is about to be 58 and he's at the bar every day. "Shot and a beer is sitting on the bar before I even get there" He says that all the time :rofl:

Thread Info