Does anyone on here play disc golf?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I didn’t realize that it used to be a regular golf course before a buddy mentioned that today. How long had it been closed? It’s nearly impossible to imagine one with how over grown that place is.

I moved in down the street in 2013 and it was an overgrown disaster then and from what I hear it was closed down for quite some time before that. They finished the lot and main building early last year.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I’ll shoot you a message. Will probably play somewhere else next weekend unless there’s no wind. Was really frustrating today playing that course in high winds. Lot of tight fairways and rough. I did awful today and realized how much arm strength and skill I’ve lost not playing the last 3 years.

Yeah, windy days suck so much. Oswego is really wooded but open at the same time, it's super protected from the wind for like 75% of the course, so I play there on days like today. West Chicago is the worst one though, even on a super calm day, there's still like 20mph winds there.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
1st hole, it was just straight luck. Thanks! First time playing that course and I really liked it, there's a lot of ace shots there. I just about had 3 for that same round, but almost doesn't count. I feel like that course was made for lefties, which I am. I want to only play there now. :rofl:

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Thread bump

I played for the first time today in Plainfield. Found it quite enjoyable and looking forward to checking out more courses. Scored a couple of extra discs in the tall grass too. Bonus for being able to ride the motorcycle with the equipment unlike regular golf! 20220807_153400.jpg20220807_135554.jpg20220807_185343.jpg20220807_153400.jpg

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
I’ve been playing a lot this year. My favorite parks are Palatine, Campton Hills, Clark Park in Elk Grove, and there’s a couple good ones in Cary. Rolling knolls is a good one too but pretty challenging. I end up playing Randall Oaks a lot because it’s the closest and I can get a quick round or 2 in.

I never thought to see what older discs are worth. My uncle was actually a ranked disc golf player in the pdga and when he passed I kept a couple bins of his old discs.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
For anyone that plays a lot or enough to justify the yearly $30 Udisc has a new ranking system so you can compare yourself to others on the same course. I do foresee that app getting greedy some time in the future though but we'll see. There's a lot of money grabbers starting to stick their bullshit into disc golf now because of the up-rise in popularity and $$$$.

EDIT: Udisc also has a lot of other really great features as well, I was just pointing that out.

Reactions: shockerracing.com

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
For anyone that plays a lot or enough to justify the yearly $30 Udisc has a new ranking system so you can compare yourself to others on the same course. I do foresee that app getting greedy some time in the future though but we'll see. There's a lot of money grabbers starting to stick their bullshit into disc golf now because of the up-rise in popularity and $$$$.

EDIT: Udisc also has a lot of other really great features as well, I was just pointing that out.
I have been really liking UDisc. I like using it to find new course and read the reviews of a course. I also like that I can keep score on my Apple Watch, and if my friends I’m playing with have the yearly it will update their scores for them in their app.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info