DAY CARE... let's talk about it.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
they get to socialize would be the biggest thing. as you can teach them anything the day care can. alse freedom for mom would be nice. she is going crazy staying at home.

When my son was 2 or or 2.5 he had someone picking on him and he had enough he hit him back and made him cry...kid was a bully and the teacher thanked my son. Now he is 4 and had another kid pick on him and other kids and my kid had a enough and stood up for himself. Stood his ground and made the kid back off and kept this hands to himself. Great learning experiences you can't re create at home.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Absolutely nuts. At what point does someone just go "you know what? being a stay at home mom/dad is a better alternative to paying a G note (plus) a month to watch my fuckin kids"?

Is that money really worth the time for someone else to raise your kids?

If the day care is a jungle gym with supervisors on social media all day, then agree.

If the faculty is an educational institution, then the kids may fair better than a being with Mom who let's the kids run wild / watch TV all day.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
If the day care is a jungle gym with supervisors on social media all day, then agree.

If the faculty is an educational institution, then the kids may fair better than a being with Mom who let's the kids run wild / watch TV all day.

You are highlighting my point though: parents aren't being parents. For so many people I hear "kids are the highlight of your life! You'll never imagine life without kids ever again!" then they pawn them off to a day care to go to work just to end up spending that money to pay for the day care in the first place.

Seems like a miserable existence to me. Cut out the middle man, just have a stay at home parent and raise the child yourself and engage the child.

inb4youdonthavekidsonadualincomeIcantaffordmylifestylewithoutit.jpg

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
You are highlighting my point though: parents aren't being parents. For so many people I hear "kids are the highlight of your life! You'll never imagine life without kids ever again!" then they pawn them off to a day care to go to work just to end up spending that money to pay for the day care in the first place.

Seems like a miserable existence to me. Cut out the middle man, just have a stay at home parent and raise the child yourself and engage the child.

Correct, some parents are not being parents, while others chose to start their kids education sooner.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
My wife and I could survive on one of our salaries, but we wouldn't be able to travel much or have newer cars (or much of any mods on the Mustang). And probably just a more frugal lifestyle in general.

Sure, it would have been nice for someone to stay home for 5-6 years.

Had we two or more kids, I would have given more consideration to someone staying home or having someone come to the house.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005

Agreed. We took the financial hit several years ago and my wife stays home with them. Sure we could be making way more money if we both worked, but it was not worth it. They are so well taken care of by my wife. And at least one of us gets to see all of those steps that they take, and not some asshat baby sitter or day care worker.

Makes me ill thinking about leaving babies or little kids with anyone else other than my wife or our parents. My kids are spoiled rotten, and they are wonderful people for it. They thank us (not prompted) every time we take them to special places and do fun things. They look out for other kids at public places and they have great manors. My wife and I make sure they are going to be god fearing, kind humans that will give you the shirts off their backs. The way it should be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info