Coyote Guys; What clutch should I buy? Or do I have something else going on?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
[MENTION=2612]Pressure Ratio[/MENTION] Aka Pratt does the boss 302 have the same set up as the rest of the stangs ? Reason I ask I've never had a problem with mine and it's bone stock

Different Flywheel and Clutch/PP than GT's, The MT-82 is still the same it looks like.

Still lots of complains of Lock-Outs for OEM Boss cars also however.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
If you don't have a hand held tuner for the crank re-learn, you can use mine.

Did you tackle your own clutch? Or did you have a shop do it?

I’m super leery of doing it myself to be honest, but it doesn’t really seem exceptionally hard... I’m used to these kinds of projects where I simply don’t give a damn about the car, so if it’s out of commission for weeks/months it’s whatever. Going into Spring id like to drive it as much as possible this year.

If you have any interest in helping me tackle it I’d happily reimburse you in one form or another... giggity. I have a Quick-Jack lift, and no shortage of tools...

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Did you tackle your own clutch? Or did you have a shop do it?

I’m super leery of doing it myself to be honest, but it doesn’t really seem exceptionally hard... I’m used to these kinds of projects where I simply don’t give a damn about the car, so if it’s out of commission for weeks/months it’s whatever. Going into Spring id like to drive it as much as possible this year.

If you have any interest in helping me tackle it I’d happily reimburse you in one form or another... giggity. I have a Quick-Jack lift, and no shortage of tools...

not the same but i did a converter in my 14 on cribbing in the garage, you will need to make cribbing to get it high enough to pull the trans all the way out, the auto trans is heavy as fuck so i had a friend help me, I made a trans cradle out of 2x4's that fit on one of my jacks to lower it down, it took us 8ish hour not really knowing what we were doing, i mean we have pulled transmissions before just not a 6r80, I did a big write up at the time and its posted on here somewhere, It may help with other stuff that needs removed, i think i even added socket sizes to the write up

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
A big draw back to the MT82 for me was the fact the bellhousing is part of the trans case. I couldn't put a SFI scatter shield on that trans. If I was going to continue to launch at 6,000+ rpm, I was not going to do it with that trans. The Magnum XL swap was way too much money for me to be ok with doing that swap. So sadly the 2011 GT went and the auto was picked for the 2015. Even as much as I really wanted a stick, I didn't want to deal with the MT82 anymore. The Camaro has a good trans in it, why can't ford step up? :dunno:

Doesn’t make sense as to why Ford did this with the bell housing

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
[MENTION=2612]Pressure Ratio[/MENTION]

Magnum XL is the TR6060 right?

How much are those swaps?
[MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] I have a Quick Jack, which is like 30...? To 36 inches of total lift with the right pucks, is that enough?
[MENTION=63]blakbearddelite[/MENTION] what shop and what did you pay if you don’t mind me asking? I have serious trust issues with shops and items like this.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL

[MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] I have a Quick Jack, which is like 30...? To 36 inches of total lift with the right pucks, is that enough?
[MENTION=63]blakbearddelite[/MENTION] what shop and what did you pay if you don’t mind me asking? I have serious trust issues with shops and items like this.
I had it done at Burds Auto Bay in Streamwood. He is/was a big drag racer guy. We always talk cars. I trust him. I can't say he was the cheapest since I didn't really shop around. But it was in the $600-700 range.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

Yeah 30 inches should get you high enough, my cribbing is 15-18 but that’s the bottom of the tires at that height, I had all 4 corners up like that

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Nope. Similar but not the same. The Magnum XL is basically the newer trans that used the T56 and TR6060 to learn and advance from. I figured there was info online that could outline it quicker than I could. This is the first article I came across. Scanned it and seems to explain some.

Tremec's TR606 and Magnum Side By Side

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info