YouTube Chevy just beat the Ford GT's VIR laptime - woops

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So then what did it have to do with my original post then?

He bought a car, signed a contract saying he wouldn't sell it f gor two years, sold it a few months later. Now getting sued by ford. How does that have anything to do with any of us owning one?

The intended humor of my post went over your head like Drax and Metaphors.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
BUT WAIT, THERES MORE

C7 Z06 With Magnetic Ride Calibration Bests Viper ACR At VIR
Just two weeks ago, we brought you news that the Corvette ZR1 had just smashed the lap record for a production vehicle at VIR, throwing down a blistering 2:37.25 pass. It bested the Ford GT in stunning fashion and set the supercar scene on notice. But something arguably just as cool flew under the radar during it all. Before the ZR1 made its historic pass, a C7 Z06 with a new magnetic ride calibration took to the same course and laid down a 2:39.77!

You read that right. A C7 Z06 with the standard magnetic ride suspension, and nothing else aside from the recalibration, put in a lap time just 2.5 seconds slower than it’s younger, more powerful brother. On top of that, it was a scant 1-second away from the Ford GT, a $500,000+ supercar. To put that in perspective, before the GT, no one had been able to crest the 2:40.00-mark, not even the venerable Viper ACR. But in one weekend, Chevrolet sent two Corvettes around the track that did it.

https://youtu.be/Hq0cvWZkv5I

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I saw the troll in that. I mean KJ. lmfao

It is cool they are ripping awesome times at VIR. But if you keep testing and tweaking it for that track it should be quicker. But will those tweaks make them faster on all tracks or just VIR.

I know a few guys with a Z06. As much as I don't see myself in a vette, it is a great deal of machine for the money. The Camaro ZL1 & Z06 Vette both are.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info