car hunting/buying process for you personally..

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You planning on financing or paying cash? I would only buy from a dealer if I was financing or they were willing to make a great deal. It really depends on the specific situation to determine a good strategy of attack. I am ruthless when it comes to buying cars and will beat down the sales person until he wants to cry.

Example: Sticker on our '12 Kia Optima SX was $32xxx, paid $28500. We bought the Jeep over 2 years before this with 37k on it for $11650 i believe, and traded it in for $10500 or so. I also kept the soft top and sold it on CL for $400, so all in all I only paid $750 to drive our Jeep 2 years and some 20k miles. I am just a stubborn fuck and don't give in until I get what I want, or I walk.

financing more than likely... i have financed plenty of cars through banks that i have bought private party.

oh, and get a car with A/C KJ, dont know how u survived the last month driving without it.

:werd: i need that.

SBTerminator

Pre Owned Director
Jan 31, 2010
Chicagoland
Real Name
Andy Miodynski
I love reading all your comments! They are funny, and some are just ridiculous. I love it even more when a customer tells me they read the book on "How to Buy a car" lol.

Think you know all the tricks? Remember on average a dealer sells over 200 vehicles a month! You might buy 25 in your life time!

Remember, "the house" always wins!!!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I love reading all your comments! They are funny, and some are just ridiculous. I love it even more when a customer tells me they read the book on "How to Buy a car" lol.

Think you know all the tricks? Remember on average a dealer sells over 200 vehicles a month! You might buy 25 in your life time!

Remember, "the house" always wins!!!

Sounds like you sell cars for a living? A more helpful reply would be to share some of there tips and tricks for getting the best deal.

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
how reliable is buying cars off of ebay? I'm always scared the description won't match when you see the vehicle.

I drove and had to see the car before any $$$$ was transfered. I had tons and tons of contact with the seller feeling them out to see if the stories and discriptions matched. If the seller is honest and truly trying to sell a good car they shouldnt have any problems answer multiple questions about the car.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i look for the one's that have been sitting under an oak tree for a couple years (75 continental and 84 lesabre).
i got a couple for dirt cheap that way, my biggest success in the 98 intrepid with blown brake lines.

i buy rusting hulks and fix the body mounts with 2x4's (my f1/350 frankentruck and my 75 cj5)

or i barter for em (my wagn n f250)

jeff gets his new vehicles with cooked steering wheels and picks em up with trailers....so he knows whats up

ultimately its luck and connections, i know i aint the first mechanic to flip a few cars

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info