C7 Z06 Class Action lawsuit

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Was it white and how much do you think it weighs?

they are around 4100lbs . car had H/C , methanol injection , boltons, headers, M/T drag radials.

Attachments

• 20170528_164025_resized.jpg
    20170528_164025_resized.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 105

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
My guess is this didn't really fix shit in the C7 supercharged platform and absolutely made it worse and bad enough to warrant the law suit. The only thing I can think of is they finally made some progress with this '18 ZR1 and obviously time will tell outside of all the other first gen issues that may come up.

That being said, there are a couple good after market companies/engineers that were able to supplement the stock junk cooling design on the ZR1 and probably C7Z to resolve most of the issues but its not cheap.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
My guess is this didn't really fix shit in the C7 supercharged platform and absolutely made it worse and bad enough to warrant the law suit. The only thing I can think of is they finally made some progress with this '18 ZR1 and obviously time will tell outside of all the other first gen issues that may come up.

That being said, there are a couple good after market companies/engineers that were able to supplement the stock junk cooling design on the ZR1 and probably C7Z to resolve most of the issues but its not cheap.

I don't think its the engine considering the ZL1 Camaro has the same LT4 but the difference is in the COOLERS not the engine.

The ZL1 uses larger coolers in the bumper than the C7Z.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I'm still amazed that this was probably ignored in testing.

I'm betting the engineers found the problem and presented it, but the bean counters nixed it. Thinking enough people wouldn't complain.

But the problem is, with a flagship product like this, profit margins aren't that high, so you are better off spending the money per car to fix it, and NOT have the bad press.

Now they have a lawsuit, and its going to dirty the name.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'm still amazed that this was probably ignored in testing.

I'm betting the engineers found the problem and presented it, but the bean counters nixed it. Thinking enough people wouldn't complain.

But the problem is, with a flagship product like this, profit margins aren't that high, so you are better off spending the money per car to fix it, and NOT have the bad press.

Now they have a lawsuit, and its going to dirty the name.

It really only hurt the people with big enough balls to actually hit the track. Very small chunk of their customer base is my guess. Like single digit %.

Yep, exactly. This is mostly sold to the Zaino as a personal lubricant show and shine crowd. Driven gentle as a Buick Lesabre.

That said, I agree it doesn't bode well on GM. They've had consistent engine troubles with the last few generations of high end vette like the valve guide issues as well.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
My point is that Ford had to fix the GT350, and it cost them money and development time to do so, even though they already had a "track" package that was optional.

GM didn't offer a Track Pack, but honestly all you need is 1% to complain and you have a sales and PR problem on your hands.

They should have spent the money on fixing the engineering issue with heat, and sold it for a few more dollars.

Its a Halo car, you don't skimp on the halo car, the negative press is not worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info