C&D Lightning Lap: 2017 Camaro 1LE vs 2016 Shelby GT350R

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
This is true for GM, Dodge isn't even close to Ford and GM in the pony car/sport car wars.

The S550 chassis doesn't seem to be equal to the GM's Alphas based on all of the reviews I've read. I haven't driven both back to back though. Chevy has certainly benefited from the Alpha platform development from Caddy.

Only reason I put Dodge up there is because of the nice interior and the Hellcat. Two things Ford can't touch with factory options. With that being said, I would never own a Dodge.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I wonder if the GS is really that much better than all the cars it beat out on the lap times on pg1.

ANYWAY - this is an impressive performance out of Chevy AND Ford - but shows the competition is alive and well between the two still. As a guy who is gaining appreciation for road racing, its damn good to see too! :fy:

Now I wish I hadn't missed Autobahn yesterday! I wanna go race!

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Only reason I put Dodge up there is because of the nice interior and the Hellcat. Two things Ford can't touch with factory options. With that being said, I would never own a Dodge.

The Dodge interior looks nice in pictures and commercials, but that doesn't translate in-person. The Hellcat Charger and Challenger looked pretty cheap at the auto show.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
2015 Mustang GT
Lap Time: 3:05.2

2016 Camaro 1LE V6
Lap time: 3:04.0

and the 2015 GT was already 3.4 seconds faster than the 2014 GT. That shows how good these 6th gen's really handle.

The Camaro gives up 100 HP, but also is a few hundred pounds lighter...plus the 1LE package, while not having the Magne-shocks, is still leaps and bounds better than the Mustang GT PP. I'm waiting for the Mustang GT to get the base GT350 suspension (their non magne-shocks)...hopefully that brings it back into the ballgame as far as suspension goes.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
The Dodge interior looks nice in pictures and commercials, but that doesn't translate in-person. The Hellcat Charger and Challenger looked pretty cheap at the auto show.

I totally disagree. The seats are MONEY and the interior seems about a current as I have seen. Better than the 6th gen camaro interior by alot. And the mustang interior is nice too, but still not challenger level.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The Camaro gives up 100 HP, but also is a few hundred pounds lighter...plus the 1LE package, while not having the Magne-shocks, is still leaps and bounds better than the Mustang GT PP. I'm waiting for the Mustang GT to get the base GT350 suspension (their non magne-shocks)...hopefully that brings it back into the ballgame as far as suspension goes.

While the previous 1LE didn't have MRC, the 2017 does.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I totally disagree. The seats are MONEY and the interior seems about a current as I have seen. Better than the 6th gen camaro interior by alot. And the mustang interior is nice too, but still not challenger level.

Lots of hard plastics and lackluster fit/finish. I was with two German car owners including [MENTION=510]Vogz[/MENTION] and he made similar comments.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Lots of hard plastics and lackluster fit/finish. I was with two German car owners including [MENTION=510]Vogz[/MENTION] and he made similar comments.

Yea, going to have to agree with Jason here. As a fellow dash molester, the Hellcat interior looks great in pictures, but it doesn't translate into a quality feeling once you sit in the real thing. My 2011 S4's interior is now dated in the $50-$70K range but it's still well ahead of the Hellcat interior.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The challenger refresh helped the interior a ton, but I'll agree that I wasn't exactly blown away by the materials when i sat in one at the autoshow.

I loved the ergonomics of the new interior, and how much more 'cockpit' like it felt, but the door handles were still in the same obnoxious position, and the greenhouse was unchanged so it still sucked to see out of.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info