Building a pc. $1000 challenge

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Found a interesting review on the ryzen 1700 vs the 1800x and for $300 more for the 1800x you get about 200mhz. Big whoop

Started to order some parts today
(2) 1tb WD data hard drives
(2) 24" benq monitors

The price of the SSD for that much data just seems crazy for now. I can wait until the price drops a few years from now, but to have 1tb of storage and then have a backup for $100 for both drives seems hard to beat. I do plan on doing a m.2 SSD for the OS. I think this will be the best bang for the buck, I just have to figure out what size is good for it. I don't want to run out later but at the same time don't want to upgrade it later. So maybe 256 should be plenty

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Any of the sites still do barebone kit sets? When I built my PC I got a really good deal from tigerdirect (Although they seem to be dead now)

tiger direct prices seem really high to me. I got everything from amazon or newegg. They seem to compete with each other. newegg also doesn't have to charge tax in IL so they got a lot of my money

all parts purchased now to being the build when they show up.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
tiger direct prices seem really high to me. I got everything from amazon or newegg. They seem to compete with each other. newegg also doesn't have to charge tax in IL so they got a lot of my money

all parts purchased now to being the build when they show up.

They changed ownership or something recently. Used to get some screaming deals from them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info