Building A Domestic RWD V8 Roll Race Monster

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
You are telling me a 650 RWHP FI car with an auto going through a 4K stall and a 4.56 gear would be the same on the highway as a 650 RWHP FI car going through a 6 speed and a 3.55 gear???

:eek:kay:

I thought we were talking about options on the same exact car.... Why don't you just get to the point? Are you confused about the outcome of a race or something?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I thought we were talking about options on the same exact car.... Why don't you just get to the point? Are you confused about the outcome of a race or something?

I did get to the point in the first post :rofl: If you had to build a highway monster out of a domestic V8, what would you build? You said you would buy a C6Z.......still a ton of options out there. Entertain me......

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Do you know how to have fun or does everything need to be an argument with you? :lmao:

:squint:

Well if I had to build a car from the start, I'd probably get a C6Z. I'd have to investigate as to what makes more power, S/C or Turbo and which one builds power at higher rpms. I'd also get a cam that shifts the redline higher and builds more power at the top of the rpm band. In the C6Z, I think the rear end and trans gears are really good from the factory for roll racing so I'd just leave them alone.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
With 650-700 blower or turbo I'd stick with the mustang stock auto and stock 3.15 rear stock converter, or an fbody turbo with a 4l80 and a 3.05-3.30 rear gear and a fairly tight converter 3k or less stall

You'd stick with a 4 speed automatic? Those things are slow as shit once you get into third gear, you'd get roasted by something with less power and a 6 speed+.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I honestly don't know what power either were at I was thinking eagle did 179ish

Interesting. I mean, you can definitely make a 3 speed fast, just would be faster from a roll if it had more gears due to power magnification. There gets to be a point, though, where you reach so much power that RWD won't hold it anyways which is why the lambos and GTRs dominate everything.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Interesting. I mean, you can definitely make a 3 speed fast, just would be faster from a roll if it had more gears due to power magnification. There gets to be a point, though, where you reach so much power that RWD won't hold it anyways which is why the lambos and GTRs dominate everything.

I don't know that much about the 6 speed manuals but I'd imagine you can't use all 6 gears under full power most the time the od gears are weaker, I know in the Mustangs with autos they only use the first 4 under full power

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011
Well technically speaking, F=MA so weight matters just as much from 0 as it does at 100mph. The difference is that aerodynamics doesn't matter at all at 0, and a lot at 100mph. Unfortunately, power and weight are a lot easier to change/upgrade than aerodynamics.

I worded that poorly. What I meant was aero start to matter more than weight at the triple digit speeds we're talking about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info