• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Bought an Appliance the Other Night

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Honda Sense Civics and Accords are hard to find. CRVs all come with it now.

I had dibs on the first EX-T 6MT but passed on it. Crazy that the CVT is the better option. Smoother, faster, quieter, more efficient.

The high revs on the highway and horrendous rev-hang on the 6MT killed it for me.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
How do you like the CVT? It's my first car with a CVT, took a little getting used to. Still weird coming to a stop light, I have to back off the throttle way before everyone else and coast into the stop light.

:rofl: you don’t HAVE to do that. My mom and fiancé drive new civics with CVT’s and they both stay in the throttle until the last second when they go full brakes.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Honestly that’s true of every vehicle I’ve driven besides this civic. Every other CVT I’ve driven has been horrible, especially the Nissan one. My only real complaint is the lack of any engine braking on my car, but I was used to regenerative braking on my volt so it’s a little unfair.

Anyways you should try the honda CVT out, it may surprise you. Obviously it’s not a performance choice but it’s fantastic for daily duty

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Agreed. For daily use I think Honda’s CVT’s are great. They’re still weird when I’m used to either having a 6 speed manual or torque converter automatic, but the car just goes and I never notice the trans doing anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info