Bought a car in Virginia, how to imported to Illinois?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Thats around 750 mile drive, about 75 gals of gas at $4 per/gal thats $300 in just fuel.... about. And you are comfortable driving a $1800 car all that way? Was there no local crown vic's in Chicagoland???? I bought my car from Virginia and had it shipped for $500, but I'm not a Millennial so I'm obviously loaded.....

This.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Are you filthy rich? because I'm first generation MAGA and bought me an $1800 2008 police crown victoria, I can't afford the extra hundreds of dollars for shipping, I'm in rent meets.

Not filthy rich. I drive a Durango dude. There’s guys in the site with new Z06’s, loaded new Pickups, giant houses, etc. lmao. That’s what I would consider upper middle class and getting into the “rich” territory. IMO.

Just a blue collar worker here that works for every dollar.

Shipping is not bad and consider the fact you will be in a car two and from for about 20 hours, plus gas, getting there, etc. it makes more sense and is also less risky in case something happened getting the car here.

I offered a possible solution and details of your financials and what kind of car you’re buying was NOT mentioned in your first post.

Sorry for trying to help?

:shrug:

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Drove my X5M home from New York with NFG and no plates. Never had an issue. Have the BOS and title and insurance and your fine. I think Illinois and other states allow you 24-48 hours from date of purchase to register it. Although im sure there is some law were they state you can't drive without plates. But bottom line I have done it numerous times(10+) and never once was pulled over. :jg:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
And who is paying 4$? Its sub 3$ for regular.

Maybe its 2 fill ups. Those have huge tanks...19 gal according to google.

2 fill ups would be my guess. Maybe $100 tops for the whole drive.

$3.20 in off Higgins and Plum Grove 2 days ago.

I drove the Regal from Michigan to here with no plates. BOS and insurance was good enough.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
That shell is one of the most expensive staions around. but even so, yesterday, i think its now a marathon, was 3.10 at bode and barrington.

Yeah, I never get gas there. Unless Im swapping cars with the wife, and just happen to see 3 miles left on the range. Dont really have a choice then. :hsugh:

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
once my range falls below 30, all it says is lo fuel. i usually fill up at 1/4.

but we also use the shell rewards, saves us 5 cents a gallon, then gas buddy, a 3rd party card linked to our acount. that saves another 5 cents a gallon and takes 2-3 days to come out.

bnr32

Regular
TCG Premium
Nov 6, 2013
we had a Bill of sale, title, and ebay auction sheet with us and no plates. made it about 40 miles in Maryland before getting pulled over and impounded for no valid plates. state trooper didn't give a fuck what we told him. Virginia state troopers are even worse, btw.

Just kidding, at the end they charged me 80+ dollars for a 30 day permit to drive around, I had to beg an old hag in the DMV, I just received the title on my mail box and everything.

According to Virginia's DMV I had to go get the license plates in Illinois since I wasn't a resident of Virginia, then I called the Secretary of State of Illinois and they said that Virginia's DMV was full of shit, that they couldn't give me license plates nor a permit because the purchase wasn't made in Illinois. I fully explained, showed my Bill of Sale, insurance and my Illinoian Driver's License to the Virginia's DMV and she was telling me to fuck off everytime, at the end I talked to a hispanic dude which then helped me beg the lady and got the permit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info