SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Started this today, awesome

Could not take losing another round of COD

The miniseries was quite good, but heard the book is better in its own ways. The TV version took creative license and deviated from the book in a few places, like the ending.

Reactions: Spivitz

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I dont know if you could technically consider them "books" but i did finally read thru the first 2 walking dead compendiums. Now i just need to order up the third one.

forgot about this thread. I have since bought and read the third and final compendium. I really enjoyed it, and actually like how it was ended as well. Something the TV series will never do.....end.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Current library, I've read most of them, intend on all. I try not to buy anything else until all are done but, well, you know

20200410_193937.jpg

20200410_193926.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Oh yeah, I've also done the audio version of the The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck, and I did start a digital version of Jenson Button's Life To the Limit book wayyy back that I really need to get back to.
Got that book, read it you slacker. I have Hobbo's book as well. Another fine read.

I'd add a photo of my "library" but the books are stacked 2-3 rows deep so you'd only see 1/3rd or 1/2 of what I have.

Do have the full Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn, all the Scot Harvath series by Brad Thor, all the Pike Logan's by Brad Taylor, all the Jack Reacher's by Lee Child. Then to round things out I also have all of Joe Lansdale's Hap & Leornard novels (none of the novellas though), which are much better than the series. However if I hadn't seen the first season on IFC I'd have never known about the books. Although the series was really good, it has nothing on the novels.

Then a TON of biographies, autobiography's, bunch of stuff on the moon landings (Gene Krantz "Failure Is Not An Option", Eugene Cernin "The Last Man On The Moon", etc).

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Just finished Ready Player One by Earnest Cline. Have Armada by the same author pre-ordered. http://www.amazon.com/Ready-Player-One-Ernest-Cline/dp/0307887448/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432245315&sr=8-1&keywords=ready+player+one
I think I'm going to start on The Martian by Andy Weir until then.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Martian-Andy-Weir/dp/0553418025/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0J0DCXMHRM76978PBEEC

Need to get back to Terry Pratchet and Douglas Adams one of these days
Yeah, I forgot about this thread. Thanks for bringing it back.

Ready Player One is much more complex than the movie (as always). It's a good book. Unfortunately, Armada is not.

I recently found one book in the Pratchett series that I, somehow, didn't own. Got a used copy from Amazon for a few bucks. Really enjoying reading Pratchett again. R.I.P.

I was reading the "The Expanse" books until Corona hit. Will pick up book 6 eventually.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
forgot about this thread. I have since bought and read the third and final compendium. I really enjoyed it, and actually like how it was ended as well. Something the TV series will never do.....end.

Also not sure what I was thinking yesterday, but the 4th compendium is the final one, which I've also read.

Thread Info