Black Friday Lift Deals?

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I have zero mechanical engineering background but doesn't she look ready to sheer right off :rofl:

s-l1600.jpg

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Not sure how much load (maybe none?) are on those teeth but they look like they are ready to check out under stress.
Load is only applied to them when you swing the arms in/out before lifting. Its to keep the arms from moving slightly while lifting to prevent any major issues.

After lifting only that large diameter pivot pin is working in shear to prevent the arm from falling.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
We can get into pissing matches over brands all you want, but having watched lifts fail in a service department, I am going to say two things;

1) I stick to brand names (BendPak, Rotary, Challenger, etc)
2) Whatever lift you get regardless of brand, make sure it has American Lift Institute (ALI) certification

I purchased mine, a Bend Pak HD-9ST, from this place;

https://www.gesusa.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?manufacturer=3&p=4

This place was always the cheapest for all models I was looking at, at least by a couple hundred, and included free shipping to a freight place in Elgin, which I then had my F-I-L pick up with his crane truck and take to my house in West Chicago.

I picked BendPak for a several reasons over competing models. Note, this does not mean that the other models were BAD, just that I liked the features I got, for the money I paid better than the others.

1) Name brand

2) Had ALI certification

3) The model I picked had the highest weight capacity, in the size I needed (the overall footprint of the lift as I have it in a tight garage), yet could be a "Freestander" (I.E. movable on casters if I wanted), Or fixed to the concrete (which the F-I-L and I did... Well he drilled the concrete I, drove the fucking things in which was a nice workout that day).

4) I like Ranger/BendPak's safety mechanisms (it is a two safety set up), better than the other(s).

5) Could be wired either 110v or 220v, I went with 220v and run it off the house's A/C feed.

6) Ranger/BendPak's endless list of accessories.

7) Ranger/BendPak's excellent customer service (which I had to make use of).

Now, in the price you want, you will not find a lift, casters, 220v, deck plates, etc for $2k unless it's used and probably used and not maintained. Which is a critical point. I inspect mine annually and in the past HAVE had to replace parts... Mine new from GEUSA above was $2,500 several years ago. Now it's almost $2,900. But still, $2,900 for a 4-post, 9,000 pound lift with shorter columns, and narrow footprint...

I mention point number 7 above as when I was assembling it, one of my columns top plates that the cable mechanism bolts through to lift the vehicle, was the wrong side (they have an orientation to them), so one call to Ranger/BendPak and they overnighted the correct piece at no cost to me, no questions asked.

So yes, they are a little more, but you get what you pay for...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info