Bill's new 2016 Focus RS

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Click here to see how this engine is disrupting the entire auto industry!

Engine is out and apart. New clutch assembly is going in with the original flywheel since its fine. About $200 in parts. But whoever, free labor since Ford is paying for it.

I and hopeful to have the car back end of week, early next week. That would be nice.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Click here to see how this engine is disrupting the entire auto industry!

Engine is out and apart. New clutch assembly is going in with the original flywheel since its fine. About $200 in parts. But whoever, free labor since Ford is paying for it.

I and hopeful to have the car back end of week, early next week. That would be nice.

Glad this is finally getting fixed for you. Did the engine hydro lock while idling or were you driving it?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Soo are they putting studs in?

As soon as I can convince them that Ford Recalled the OEM turbo for a BW EFR7163.

Also, at least I don't have to worry about the Cams being timed wrong as its an entire engine, and not a head replacement. Sometimes I worry about tech's timing a DOHC setup. I've heard stories of it being done wrong and having pistons meet valves.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I'm told the car should be back together tomorrow. Clutch replaced with free labor, I just had to buy the disc and TO bearing which wasn't much. Will be nice to have some decent handling and power on tap again.

The C-Maxx isn't bad as a daily driver, it just feels like a whale on the road with all of its roly-poly suspension and weak sauce gas pedal.

Now here's to hoping its bled correctly. I remember they had problems with the Focus ST's when they weren't bleeding clutch correctly.

Here's to having to do engine break-in AGAIN. Oh, and clutch break-in too!

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
And since the Jalopnik article fell off the front page views have trickled to a stop. Ended up going from about 100 views, to about 28,000 views, and now the party train has left, so the video is back to internet obscurity, though falling, its still getting about 1000 views a day.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
lebowski1.gif

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
First tank of gas in on the new engine. Only 19mpg. Back to the break-in process.

I know a bunch of this might be in my head, but the new engine definitely feels like it has more part throttle power. The boost seems to come on sooner, and smoother than I remember.

Glad to not have the mis-fire now under load. Car was definitely down on power when under load. The mis-fires were killing the top-end power. And it seemed to require more pedal to get into boost.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I know a bunch of this might be in my head, but the new engine definitely feels like it has more part throttle power. The boost seems to come on sooner, and smoother than I remember.

I remember Fezza having a similar reaction when he got his new engine. tho his vid was more about the overall peak boost. But once you've gotten everything broken in it will be interesting to hear what your thoughts are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=692NE9XBCeE

Thread Info