BeerOrGasoline's '15 Ferd F150 Lariat

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Doozel is over rated. Gasser for life!

Enter the 7.3 Gasser!

3.5EB vs 3.0 PowerStroke vs 7.3 Gas vs 6.7 PowerStroke. All are in play as of current.

150 vs 250. Both Crew Cab 6.5/6.75 bed. Lariat or King Ranch trims.

will come down to day-to-day fuel economy, trailer stability and overall driveability/usability. When I bought the 2015, the old Super Duty was in production so it was an easy "nope" just from the niceties of the new cab in the 150. Truck only sees trailer maybe 6-10 times per year so it's not my main concern & trailer is capped at ~10.5k GCW

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
My buddy loves his 3.0 PSD, it's got some fucking engine issue Ford isn't fixing yet cuz it's still too new but I imagine once the bugs are worked out it'll be a nice little weekend warrior set up

I've been hearing similar reports. My biggest gripe is it's SLOWWWWWWW. After driving a tuned EB for 4 years that could be hard to go back to.

i think i'd wait on the new "big gas" engines to get the bugs worked out personally.

It's pushrod, should be fantastic from the jump #ChevyLogic #PushrodsAreLife #V8tilIdie

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
So, uh, this thing is dead as of January 2022.

1662479467284.png

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Snow covered black ice & a steep downhill with a sharp turn at the bottom, up north during sled season. 5 people in the truck, I had a few cracked ribs from the airbag but that was the extent of bodily injury. Truck hit a tree & ended up rolling onto the driver side. Total loss.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Snow covered black ice & a steep downhill with a sharp turn at the bottom, up north during sled season. 5 people in the truck, I had a few cracked ribs from the airbag but that was the extent of bodily injury. Truck hit a tree & ended up rolling onto the driver side. Total loss.

glad you're alright.

i loved that truck.

although i must admit when i saw " So, uh, this thing is dead as of January 2022."

i was anticipating it ate an engine :rofl:

Reactions: BeerOrGasoline

Thread Info