AZ teacher arrested for banging 13 year old

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Any kid who can't outwit his parents as far as technology goes deserves to have his messages read.

CornyAstonishingCaudata-max-1mb.gif

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Sends a pretty clear message to your kids that you don't trust them. And forces them to get creative in finding ways to lie about stuff. I'm not a parent, but I was a child and my parents doing that to me would not have gone over well.

My mom trusted me, but always checked on me. Its called being a responsible parent. Otherwise we have more kids running around eating tide pods and bragging about it.

So I do the same. Granted I didnt have a smart phone, or anything like that growing up. I had to use a shared Gateway 2000/486 computer and a beeper. :rofl: Technology changes, so your tactics have to change.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
My mom trusted me, but always checked on me. Its called being a responsible parent. Otherwise we have more kids running around eating tide pods and bragging about it.

So I do the same. Granted I didnt have a smart phone, or anything like that growing up. I had to use a shared Gateway 2000/486 computer and a beeper. :rofl: Technology changes, so your tactics have to change.
There is a difference between checking in on someone and flat out spying into their phone. There is a thing called respect and boundaries, even for kids.

I see people doing this all the time with their SO. They do it because they are insecure about their relationship. I see it the same way for parenting. If you feel the need to do this to your child, you are simply insecure about your ability to parent them to be able to make their own correct decisions.

Don't try to take that personally; it's just an observation. If my parents did that to me when I was a teenager, we *still* would not have a relationship and I'm 30.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I feel you can pick you SO. Your parents are your parents, and are looking out for you, if you want to admit it or not.

Yes there is respect and boundaries, so if I feel I am being respected, she earns it back. If I feel something is off, its my responsibility to find out if something is wrong. If that means checking her stuff, so be it.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
And to add, this goes back to our parenting thread we had a couple weeks ago.

My Wife and I are still the parents. We make the rules as you're living in our house, eating our food, and the clothes on your back are what I pay for.

I'll listen to your POV, but ultimately it's my (or my Wife's) decision.

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
If my parents did that to me when I was a teenager, we *still* would not have a relationship and I'm 30.

Talk about a shitty reason to not have a relationship with your parents. Seems you have parent issues outside of this example, and this example just enforces them.

Oh no, my parents care and are trying to keep me safe.....boo hoo hoo. I’ll take parents who care anyday over parents who don’t give a fuck.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Talk about a shitty reason to not have a relationship with your parents. Seems you have parent issues outside of this example, and this example just enforces them.

Oh no, my parents care and are trying to keep me safe.....boo hoo hoo. I’ll take parents who care anyday over parents who don’t give a fuck.

Oh please. I don't have any parent issues because my parents weren't psycho and try to micromanage my life.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info