any of you check out sous vide cooking at home

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I usually get my cast iron skillet as hot as I can. Placing it in the oven beforehand works out best for me as my stove top doesn't get it as hot as I like. Put the skillet on the stove top, add Avocado oil, and throw the meat on. You have to dry the meat before you throw it on the pan. So you don't create a steam barrier between the skillet and the meat. You can also add garlic, tyme, rosemary or other items in near the end to add an additional flavor profile.

Also make sure to use an oil with a high smoke point.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I cooked the pork tenderloin today. 2 hours at 137 and then seared on a hot cast iron pan with butter.

I also cooked a quarter of it to 145 and then seared for one woman who doesn't like pink.

I was concerned when I cut the meat open. It was really pink. My insta read battery is dead so I couldn't use it. Took a bite and then knew I was going to eat it anyways.

So tender and flavorful. Awesome with the mushroom sauce. The more cooked portion wasn't nearly as tender. It was OK but not superb.

I gotta get a new battery soon so I can double check the temps until I get used to sous vide cooking.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i did filet's yesterday

prime from costco

DoPO7NHh.jpg

wejOzbHh.jpg

130 for two hours then rested a while then seared on cast iron & torch

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Pork is one of the best things in a Sous Vide. Mostly because you are told to uber kill it with fire via any other method.

So it keeps all the moistness.

I also love Turkey tenderloin. I usually dump it into the bath @ 138° before I leave for work. Then 9hrs when I come home from work I do the veggies and side stuff.

While the veggies/sides are cooking I take the meat out and cut it up, put some on the plate, then store the rest for lunch the next day.

The last one I did was sealed in a lemon pepper sauce and I cubed the chicken and took the sauce and all and threw it with some pasta. Was really good.

Yeah I've done chicken from frozen and have not had an issue with it- I just add time onto the cook time.

Did some chicken breasts.. Turned out amazing so moist and full of flavor. I did them @ 149 for about an hour. Used this chart..

Sous Vide Time and Temperature Guide | Science | ChefSteps

some insight on cooking chicken sous vide...

Sous-Vide 101: Low-Temperature Chicken | Serious Eats

peculiar. everything says 140* instead of 165... it explains it because of the length of time cooking...

Sous Vide Chicken Teriyaki - No Recipes

[MENTION=4746]Flyn[/MENTION]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info