Any DBZ fans? They're making a Marvel v Capcom style fighting game

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I must be immune since Ive been watching a lot more fighting game tournaments, but they did have a few sessions at EVO this weekend. Yes, the game looks hype as fuck. It might be a better MvC than MvC is.

The last moment is a huge comback in DBF in this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aiUx74Oe9Y

Then here is just some highlights from EVO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUhPdCzB9PE&t=120s

Also, why you put "professionals" in quotes? The guy that one SF5 at EVO just won 70K for one tournament, and places in lots of them. The second place guy is only 18 and won 150K at Eleague earlier this year. These guys make more money than we do playing games. :rofl: I actually ran into a pro online and got fucking bodied. This is what they do every day.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Ehh. I do love me some Marvel vs Capcom, but after playing Budokai 1-3, as well as a few others, I don't see the appeal of a 2.5D DBZ fighting game. I've only played a little bit but Xenoverse 2 is pretty fun and the story is great I think. It's a 3D DBZ fighting game, where you can create your own character and play in different timelines. I think it includes Super Saiyan Blue and the DB Super transformations, haven't gotten that far but I saw some in a trailer I think or some DLC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7nDUSUFSvw

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I thought people were already playing beta? Its getting good reviews from the pros who have played.

Apparently someone posted a tweet about how this game should rank people by manga/show continuity. Which would leave everyone playing nothing but Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta. So Im making it a goal to learn Yamcha and Krillin and collect those rage quits. :rofl:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
welp, huge disappointment. the servers are completely fucked and there is no practice mode so you can only play the game pvp, which isnt happening. was really pumped to try this today. bandai said they will extend the beta if they cant fix the servers in a reasonable time.

could have swore there was gonna be a practice mode..thats what i really wanted to try, not getting smoked by some kid online to start :rofl:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
welp, huge disappointment. the servers are completely fucked and there is no practice mode so you can only play the game pvp, which isnt happening. was really pumped to try this today. bandai said they will extend the beta if they cant fix the servers in a reasonable time.

could have swore there was gonna be a practice mode..thats what i really wanted to try, not getting smoked by some kid online to start :rofl:
Yep, I downloaded it this morning and the servers were fried.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
This is what I got
5531b84e0b4b2d3ea3d1f1a9b49fe64d.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ya, servers are fucked. Also, I hope its just the beta version, but you gotta jump through like 100 hoops to even get the game going. Then you gotta choose regions, servers, etc. Its gotta just be set up that way to stress test.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info