OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
You really need to spend a chunk of change to get "one car that does it all"

Personally, I like having multiple vehicles. Decent daily thats not the newest/fastest/nicest thing on the road. And then a fun car, whatever that may be. When one breaks, it can sit if need be.

Anything new is not very cheap to mod, depending how fast you want it to be. You're going to kill the warranty with mods too, so now repair costs are going to be expensive. If its luxury, its heavy. if its 4 doors, its heavy. If its heavy, its not that fast without a lot of mods. Heavy, luxury, fast=$$$$

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Compared to an SS trailblazer it is...

it really isn't though. i think my buddy averages 14-16 in his 2011 sho.

Buy my g8. Hardly old. Still has no squeaks or sign of wear. Much more updated interior/cluster/ergonomics than a TBSS. And for the love of God... Don't buy a SHO. You will be very disappointed. PM me.

1 dollar bob

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
The Trailblazer SS is a turd. If you want a vehicle that you're even remotely going to want to enjoy spending time in get something else. The interior in that gen Grand Prix was pretty decent so even going from there the TBSS is going to be a downgrade unless you like several different shades of the same gray hard plastic. Then you'll LOVE it.

Out of the cars listed I'd go with the 535 because the drivetrain has proven to be more reliable, even when abused. Second hand information here but I believe they're having issues with the transmission in the SHO.

As for the looks, the M-Sport cars look much better than the standard cars. Standard:

2008-bmw-5-series.jpg

MSport
DQ_640.jpg

They are surprisingly reliable if you can deal with the small stuff plus you get stuff you'd never get in a Ford or Chevy like the Harmon Kardon system, heads up display, a killer nav system with traffic, etc.

The TBSS is the greatest suv in the world. It just takes about $15,000 in mods to make it better......:hsughlol:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I love the Q50S. It has great power for what it is, is dead reliable, rear wheel drive, great tech but it's a bit over your price point. Used 2014's with low miles pull a shade under 30k it looks like.

[MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] Insight?

It's a decent enough car. Doesn't overly stand out except for its looks. I'd like to drive one without the electric steering (not electric assist, actual drive-by-wire steering). I don't like how the car drives with the adaptive system and had one fail on me during testing after hitting a pothole. Mechanical backup engaged and the steering wheel was upside down until it reset.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
It's a decent enough car. Doesn't overly stand out except for its looks. I'd like to drive one without the electric steering (not electric assist, actual drive-by-wire steering). I don't like how the car drives with the adaptive system and had one fail on me during testing after hitting a pothole. Mechanical backup engaged and the steering wheel was upside down until it reset.

I've had a couple of Q50's with the mechanical steering as loaners. The interior and technology upgrades are significant compared to the G37. Unfortunately, they softened the car up and the steering felt mushy. Infiniti is adding back the G37's steering for 16 to help fix this.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I wish!
Anything new is not very cheap to mod, depending how fast you want it to be. You're going to kill the warranty with mods too, so now repair costs are going to be expensive. If its luxury, its heavy. if its 4 doors, its heavy. If its heavy, its not that fast without a lot of mods. Heavy, luxury, fast=$$$$

When I say modable, I just mean a tune ...

Buy my g8. Hardly old. Still has no squeaks or sign of wear. Much more updated interior/cluster/ergonomics than a TBSS. And for the love of God... Don't buy a SHO. You will be very disappointed. PM me.

I love that color, what mods are done? I am looking for reliable..

it really isn't though. i think my buddy averages 14-16 in his 2011 sho.

Oh boy...nevermind.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Q40 is a rebadged G37. Did you mean Q50?

Nope I meant Q40

http://www.infinitiusa.com/sedan/q40

I drove a Q40 (we checked the window sticker and the rear badging) and it was garbage for the price. It had a sticker price of like 35+ish and I just didn't see it at all. And it was slow.

The 2015 Infiniti Q40 is, literally, last year's model. Alongside the new Q50 it offers a compelling, more vivid driving experience -- albeit with far less refinement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info