đź’¦ Detailing Annnnnndd I'm Back!! PAF v2.0

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I got a ctsv, it's silver. On average what would you say it would run?
Assuming a 4dr and average paint condition an exterior Level II would be $180, add the level II interior and it would be $250. If you want a level III which adds a high speed cutting step id have to evaluate the paint condition to quote.

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Need a price on a minivan interior detail, exterior wax

Price for my Corvette, exterior

Hey Fred!

Minivan - Interior Level II and Exterior Level I would be $255 given average condition

Vette - Exterior Level II - $180

Additional options:
IronX Treatment - $20-40 depending on size and paint condition
Wheel sealant - Level I - $20 - Level II - $40
Window sealant - Level I - $20 - Level II -$40
Engine bay clean and dress - $20

Ill start another thread with all my packages and options soon, just need to find time to get them typed up and organized.

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
2016 Impala LTZ. Been detailed once. A few touchless car washes on nice days. 18k mainly interstate miles since June. Would like something to protect the car from the bugs and shit I manage to catch with all that driving. What are my options? I need that pearly white to shine like the day I bought it! And to keep it that way.

Well, there are few options. First, a good detail and sealant to protect the paint. This is the most economical, but bugs are quite acidic and will eat through the best sealant in hours, especially in the sun. Plus it will not provide any protection from the impacts of the bugs or rocks. My exterior packages start at $180 for something like this, but can also be upgraded to a 1 year sealant for an additional $50.

Next option would be a film front end protector, like 3M or Xpel. This will be the best protection against impacts, but bug guts will still etch into it leaving it marred. I do not install these, but expect to pay around $750 for a front clip kit.

The third option is doing a semi-permanent ceramic coating. This is basically like adding another layer of clearcoat to your vehicle that is 3 times the hardness. That means it takes much longer for acidic contaminants to eat into it, and it is more difficult to scratch. I have seen black vehicles with multiple coat applications run their car through junky automatic washes every week and not leave any scratches. The technology is phenomenal and it is by far the best protection for paint and plastic out there today. A 2 coat process on vehicle like yours will run $800. Like anything, the longevity depends on how you treat it. A garage kept weekend car it will last the life of the vehicle with proper care. With complete neglect on a daily driven vehicle it is still guaranteed for 3 years.

Did that novel answer your question?

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Will the stage 2 take care of the interior and exterior good enough or are there any add one you would recommend? I have weather tech mats so it's shouldn't be too bad, just a lot of dust and crap on the dashboard, etc...

I mean it really depends on the condition and how much you care about the little details. Some people don't mind what they can't see, others the tiniest defect in a hidden area will drive them nuts. I consider the level 2 a very thorough detail, and the stage 3 an extremely deep cleaning and polishing. Its almost always a 2 day process.

In regards to add-ons, again it just depends what the vehicle needs and what your goals are. The engine bay clean and dress is common, along with the window sealant and wheel sealant.

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Seriously, going mobile is such a pain in the ass :rofl:

For real, was talking to eagle about his truck, then realized it won't fit under the pop-up canopy I just bought so now we have to find a cloudy day or a place I can do it with some shade. It will be better once I have the truck setup and just leave everything in it. Loading and unloading is such a pain especially after detailing for several hours.

I got some new wicked 10,000 lumen led work lights I'm looking forward to testing out. Nothing is worse than trying to detail in weak lighting. basically lighting, shade, and weather are the biggest issues with mobile. Ill probably end up with a shop like halfway through the summer. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info