Almost Flattened a Cyclist in the city tonight

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I’m not saying I was right or wrong, rear my posts.

I was strictly curious of who would have been at fault. The law states I should have yielded and even makes mention of reminding to signal. I proceeded with extreme caution through that turn given the view obstruction.

The cyclist was effectively invisible, and he clearly had time to avoid the situation and he took a decided risk, so this likely would have been a ‘no fault’ incident had I hit him.

Relax Daniel, IDGAF :rofl: Use your turn signal next time. :squint:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Relax Daniel, IDGAF :rofl: Use your turn signal next time. :squint:

I’m disappointed that me asking a question and me being open minded resulted in People being nasty to me about it.

People are assuming I posted the video seeking sympathy, but I posted it geinuanlly curious.

Someone answered the legality question (despite being dick about it), and life goes on.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I think we're on your side saying the guy on the bike was a royal dick. No excuse about it, he didn't value his life.

As far as who would be at fault....we all know the answer to that. This was one of the those "perfect storm" situations. This is how accidents happens. Your mind was more focused on the tour bus, the people who walked in front of the bus, if there were people walking out from behind the bus...almost certain there would be people walking straight past the parking garage. If I was in your situation, the last thing I would check for was a biker...way..way too much happening.

As far as the turn signal. That doesn't mean anything more than were you intended to go. How many times have you seen someone signal left then turn right? lol I NEVER trust someones turn signal.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
you didn't even signal on the right turn?

4b20891601b560e2d62643cb35dc95c3.gif

but its the bikers fault?

Z7UgZfZ.gif

:s00ls:

lmfao

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I strongly dislike cyclists, especially when i'm in the city. I dislike them so much that I can understand why dasfinc intentionally tried to run this one down

kidding kidding kidding....you are at fault though. The biker was running a big risk IMO, but with the shit i see most of these guys do downtown i'm not the least bit surprised.

What's crazy to me is when cyclists are coming up on a group of cars parked on the right hand side of the road they'll continue to cruise 10-15mph while traffic passes them on the left doing 25-40mph, and the cyclist WON'T EVEN LOOK LEFT nor will they slow down just in case someone gets out of one of the cars. You've got to be incredibly blind to risk if you trust a bunch of city assholes that much. If something happens there are zero outs they're probably going under someone's wheels

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I thought you were just going to let this go? You have to think of a person on a bike as another car (assuming they're also following the laws) you can't just pass a car on the left and make a turn right in front of it, can you? Well, you can't do that with a person on a bike either.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Good, that's a good thing, those are there for you to signal that you're turning. There's so many people that need to understand why those are there. I'd bet a lot of people have a bad start to their day by someone simply ignoring the fact that they need to use their signals.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Interesting scenario for sure. The biker might not have made that move though if he knew you were turning.

I'm ridiculous when it comes to signalling. I signal even when no one is around. It's very rare for me to make a turn without doing it.
I park behind my building at work. When pulling down the alley it dumps into the front parking lot. I signal when turning even when I’m the only car in the lot :rofl:

I hate people who do not signal.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Interesting scenario for sure. The biker might not have made that move though if he knew you were turning.

I'm ridiculous when it comes to signalling. I signal even when no one is around. It's very rare for me to make a turn without doing it.

Same. Sometimes I’ll consciously not signal when turning into places out in the middle of nowhere and it feels weird.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Same. Sometimes I’ll consciously not signal when turning into places out in the middle of nowhere and it feels weird.

In all seriousness, given the bus, all the pedestrians, and the tight parking situation, my focus was on all of that and I 100% just forgot to signal.

I'm normally signal OCD, and even bought those stupid tow-mirrors that have the blinkers in them FOR my truck.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Ha, I even sometimes signal at this 90 degree turn near my house where the only option is to turn that way. But Ill notice and then turn the signal back off cause I realize im an idiot. Its like driving without a seat belt now, did it a few days ago cause i was only going a block and it felt weird as hell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info