Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So I went in with SUPER low expectations and came out presently surprised. This movie was literally Prometheus v2.0. Bloodier, still not all that suspenseful, still the same repackaged stuff since Aliens. Literally felt like Scott wanted a second stab at it and this is what we got.

But I enjoyed it. If you like Prometheus, you'll come out liking this. If you didnt think that highly of Prometheus (like me), you'll come out liking this.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Spoiler post.

Its good to know that David is nothing if not consistent. The thing I wanted to know most about Covenant was Shaw's fate, and I am definitely not surprised by David in that respect. David is the real villain of the last two movies.

The original Alien, still makes me cringe today, with all of the suspense. Even though I've seen it, and know the what, when, and who dies bits, its still such a supercharged movie with the tension.

Aliens is still on par with the original Alien, but such a different movie that it I hold them both equal. One is a Suspense/Thriller horror movie. The 2nd is a perfect action horror film. The use of the Sonar in the medical lab scene when the Xenomorphs are in the ceiling. And the final show down between Ripley in the loader suit, and the Queen.

I think I need to go watch both Alien, and Aliens again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info