95 S10 4.8/4l60e

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Then last week, I took a trip down to Indianapolis and picked this up from a guy on ls1tech. It came from an 02 SS, with 62k miles on it. I've got it all packed up and ready to ship over to Tick performance for a rebuild. Should have it back in a couple weeks.

20140513_134936_zps2a3dba82.jpg

6-speed conversion???!

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
[MENTION=169]LSx S10[/MENTION] what ever happened to this truck?

I'm still waiting for the trans to come back from tick. They said they were backed up but this is ridiculous!

Jk I finished the swap, beat on it for awhile, then sold it in lieu of a family truck. That was near the end of 2015. Last I heard the guy did some bodywork then resold it for a profit.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I'm still waiting for the trans to come back from tick. They said they were backed up but this is ridiculous!

Jk I finished the swap, beat on it for awhile, then sold it in lieu of a family truck. That was near the end of 2015. Last I heard the guy did some bodywork then resold it for a profit.
Damn Tondo!

You got some sort of Escalade last time I saw you posting up. How’s life going?

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Damn Tondo!

You got some sort of Escalade last time I saw you posting up. How’s life going?

Yessir! It's an 03 escalade I bought from my brother inlaw for $100 with 130k miles and a clogged cat. A few hundred bucks in repairs later, it's been my DD since. It pretty much didn't make any sense to hang on to the S10 at that point.

I feel like this thread needs some closure since I left on a cliff hanger. I lost all of my videos from my phone, but I was able to save the pictures.

Half way through the cam swap
EN8Kdbul.jpg

Caltrac install
jwVEgYzl.jpg

Pulling the dash to install the new clutch/brake pedal assembly
khcmcxbl.jpg

I used a center console from a blazer that had the floor shifter. After some cutting I got the shift boot fitted.

wKM5pcbl.jpg

Almost looked factory. My buddy who is a machinist turned that shift knob for me.

bcXpGsbl.jpg

At the time of the T56 swap, I built a new exhaust for it. I went with dual 2.5in with an x-pipe into a pair of 2014 mustang gt stock mufflers with turn downs before the axle. I wanted something relatively quiet and this worked out pretty well. Plus I got the mufflers for free from a co-worker. I've honestly never heard a more unique sounding exhaust than this. Wish I had video still.

wMXcapFl.jpg

JQkc3Aql.jpg

Once I was done with the swap, I went back to the track. I made the mistake of putting 26x11.50 MT ET streets on it. With the caltracs and those slicks, it hooked so damn hard. It was like I was trying to launch an awd car. The 4.8 didn't have enough torque for that so I was getting pretty heavy bogging. I still managed to go 13.3 at 106mph. Slight improvement, but I never got my 12.xx pass before selling the truck. :tear:

GLD
wbejKLql.jpg

XmdAMRRl.jpg

efhW6ojl.jpg

Overall, this truck didn't owe me anything. I put well over 100k miles on the 4.8 swap. I daily drove it every single day, and I was constantly beating on it. It never left me stranded, and I would get a pretty consistent 19-21mpg.

If I were to do it again, I would have started with a 5.3 or 6.0. The 4.8 was decent, but it was really lacking that low end torque. Also, I really regret not doing a built 4l80e. The T56 was fun for like 2 months. After that it just became a chore to drive. If it were a weekend toy then T56 would have been the right choice. Daily driving it pretty much sucked though.

Thread Info