2016 or whatever cobra, half undressed...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The diehard DATDERIRSISFERDATEUROTRASH crowd are retards who fueled that. My GTO drove like a dream compared to the Mustang. For performance though, yes I'd stick with SRA unless someone finally figures their shit out and makes a bullet proof IRS.

Don't get me wrong, I think even at $65k, the 13+ GT500s are a fucking steal of a bargain for what you get.

If you've paid that much, you paid too much. :io:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
If you've paid that much, you paid too much. :io:

Dan almost everyone that got a 13 paid that plus more Im sure. And add several hundred more 14 owners. You are one of the lucky ones that got one that was sitting for a while. But if you wanted a fresh one or to order, they were still asking MSRP up to last fall. Hell they still are. When I got my GT in sept 13, Golf Mill Ford wanted $20k over for their 14 GT500.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Dan almost everyone that got a 13 paid that plus more Im sure. And add several hundred more 14 owners. You are one of the lucky ones that got one that was sitting for a while. But if you wanted a fresh one or to order, they were still asking MSRP up to last fall. Hell they still are. When I got my GT in sept 13, Golf Mill Ford wanted $20k over for their 14 GT500.

KEY WORD. WANTED!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I cant say for sure, but I do believe that without that Shelby name marketing push for the 07 GT500, there wouldnt be this inflated market on the current ones.

Remember when people were paying $25k over sticker for the 2007 GT500?? I do. That started the trend we still are dealing with today for sports cars. There were no huge adds for the 03 cobra.

I don't see the reason Ford would care about this though- the cars were still selling

The diehard DATDERIRSISFERDATEUROTRASH crowd are retards who fueled that. My GTO drove like a dream compared to the Mustang. For performance though, yes I'd stick with SRA unless someone finally figures their shit out and makes a bullet proof IRS.

Don't get me wrong, I think even at $65k, the 13+ GT500s are a fucking steal of a bargain for what you get.

IM pickin' up what you are putting down

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I don't frankly care what anyone else paid. They obviously can't negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag. It wasn't hard at all to get the Ford dealer working their price down... and quickly.

Some people like to throw money away. In 2007, Willowbrook Ford had a GT500 at $30,000 above MSRP. My salesmen said that they had sold some at that price to rich folk.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
LOL... don't know what to tell you. If they can get that price for it... from someone with too much money anyways... why knock em for it? :rofl:

Haters everywhere.

The only reason I have owned 2 corvettes is because when I went shopping for shelbys, they wanted all kinds of money over everywhere I went. So I took the runner up in 07, and again in 13....

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Rolleyes all you want. They moved to aluminum for a reason.

One day you're oogling all over the car, the next day bashing away at it because its too expensive and out of reach for you. Dunno what to tell you, bro.

Im not bashing your car in any way whatsoever. But if you want to talk about the value you get for your $60k, then allow me to show you why they dont need to be $60k. I LOVE your car and would have one in a second. But at this point in my life it is a money issue. And thats my point why they are overinflated by that name on the trunk. There is nothing else on there from him accept that name. Sucks for me I guess.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Here is why I was never a big Shelby guy....

And then there was the Automotive News story that suggested the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation charity, worth $2,877,900 in 2005, had expenses of about $1.2 million from 2002 to 2005 but paid out less than $100,000 in charitable grants. Shelby said the article was “misinformed” and that his foundation had “throttled back a bit on our giving because we are committed to creating a perpetual endowment.”

But arguably the strangest headline Shelby made in 2007 involved his pissing match with the club that has, since 1975, ostensibly worked the hardest to keep his name in the headlines: the Shelby American Automobile Club. Or, as Shelby says, the group “formerly known as the Shelby American Automobile Club,” as he has declined to renew its license.

Snake Oil Never Sleeps - Car News - Car and Driver

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The only reason I have owned 2 corvettes is because when I went shopping for shelbys, they wanted all kinds of money over everywhere I went. So I took the runner up in 07, and again in 13....

Dude... your 13 Z51 would have certainly put you in the range of a GT500 (your stated preference I might add) if you'd spent the time to work the dealer down. I did it over 2 weeks with just 3 visits to the dealer. Wasn't hard at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info