2003 1500HD 6.0 Crew Cab Quadrasteer 6'6" ebay find

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
The truck has treated be well for the last year, but I am starting to get concerned about some of the quadsteer components. I am starting to develop a squeak when turning, just as I come off center, but then its quite for the rest of the turn. Changed out the fluid yesterday with the GM stuff, no difference. I'm hoping my rack isnt on the way out cause even the used ones seem to be going for $600, plus the sensor for another $260.

Paging [MENTION=12482]jg 1500hd[/MENTION]

Halp!

jg 1500hd

Jan 20, 2016
Well that sucks. Any idea where it is squeaking from? The entire axle isn't really that complicated. The axle as noted before is just a limited slip and thus needs the friction modifier for the clutches same as a non-quadrasteer lsd. The inner and outer tie rods in addition to the upper and lower ball joints are available from rareparts.com but aren't cheap. Other than that you have the motor and sensor which I wouldn't think would squeak and the rack which has a large spring, some seals and plastic boots. Can you get under there and take a video to pinpoint it?

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
Honestly I wonder how many quadrasteer trucks have some kind of issue that no one ever notices. I know there wasn't many made, and I'm sure were mostly purchased, and continue to be purchased by people that know what they are. But that doesnt mean they're enthusiasts that pay attention to squeaks and stuff. I see one at work around once a month, and the guy doesn't look like anyone that would pay attention to something like a squeak.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Well that sucks. Any idea where it is squeaking from? The entire axle isn't really that complicated. The axle as noted before is just a limited slip and thus needs the friction modifier for the clutches same as a non-quadrasteer lsd. The inner and outer tie rods in addition to the upper and lower ball joints are available from rareparts.com but aren't cheap. Other than that you have the motor and sensor which I wouldn't think would squeak and the rack which has a large spring, some seals and plastic boots. Can you get under there and take a video to pinpoint it?

Yeah I have been emailing with rareparts, they only make the upper ball joints, no rack or gear. :( I had my mechanic buddy get under there with a stethoscope thing, def coming from the gear and rack. But I have also been researching and with the way they got stuck in a turned position that time I'm better my sensor is on its way out too. I'm going to keep it disabled and work on researching getting a psc ram to work with the axle and some of the components, etc. I think that would be awesome and could get even more degrees of turn at low speeds. However I would lose all the high speed functionality that the quadrasteer system has.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info