1quick's 2016 Mustang Roush Stage 2 Hellcat killer

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Still trying to figure this car out as the title says Stage 2, 435bhp, where as the Stage 3 Roush only has 670 bhp. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great deal but what mustang/Roush is it and where did the 700+ HP come from? I ask because I didn't know about this option with an auto when I was looking and ended up with the HC. Also, are there any supporting suspension mods to go with it?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Still trying to figure this car out as the title says Stage 2, 435bhp, where as the Stage 3 Roush only has 670 bhp. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great deal but what mustang/Roush is it and where did the 700+ HP come from? I ask because I didn't know about this option with an auto when I was looking and ended up with the HC. Also, are there any supporting suspension mods to go with it?

It isn't exactly a "Roush" vehicle. It is a base model mustang with a stage 2 Roush supercharger kit on it.

FWIW the Roush stage 3 car is just a stage 1 Roush supercharger kit.

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
Two-Thumbs-Up-Gif.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
White looks great and the TVS set up all done and out the door with a warranty is sweet.

Where is the video of you leaving the dealership in a big burn out? lol

He got a local dealer to match this offer from an out of state dealer.

Base GT + Roush stage 2 TVS blower kit installed at an Roush approved dealer = 727 crank hp GT with a warranty for $40k

https://www.yahoo.com/news/talked-o...g-164500085.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=ma

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

What they said, it's a stage two roush supercharger package on a near base gt, 727hp, currently though it's only 670 while I wait for the couple stage 2 parts to come in since they were back ordered

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Well damn, I remember seeing that offer floating around on Social media and just thought it was false. So much for that, I congratulate you for getting that offer!! I was actually on the fence getting a Roush Stage 3 Auto when we were looking but I really didn't 100% like the new mustang. On top of that I was quoted a 6 month lead time and a price equal to the Hellcat, that's why I passed on it. Wish I knew of this offer.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Well damn, I remember seeing that offer floating around on Social media and just thought it was false. So much for that, I congratulate you for getting that offer!! I was actually on the fence getting a Roush Stage 3 Auto when we were looking but I really didn't 100% like the new mustang. On top of that I was quoted a 6 month lead time and a price equal to the Hellcat, that's why I passed on it. Wish I knew of this offer.

Ditto, I like the way the new Roush ones look, but when I was in the market they were 55K+.... I'm still not a fan of the 15+'s, but I am a fan of buying the Roushcharger kit for my 13, even with a bit less power.

My car will pass its 3 year bumper to bumper mark in August, so I'll start looking at FI options then.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I took it for a quick spin tonight it pulls pretty good for what it is, I can tell a new tune is going to make a huge difference the shifts a slow and smooth and the power comes on slow pulls hard in the middle and tapers back off before the shift, still pulls pretty good though, I'm going to wait until the stage 2 kit comes before I have Lund retune it, I may get at least a cat back before that though it's too quiet

Thread Info