• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Running remote water pump?

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Anyone ever run a remote water pump either for clearance issues or to clean up the front of the motor?

I was looking at a few from Granger that should be sufficient. 50gph I assume.

I'm trying to find a few good setups with the remote water pump some pictures would be nice. All I can find right now are photos of dragsters and few roadsters.

I was thinking of mounting the pump on the front passenger side near the lower part of the radiator, pipe one end to the lower side of the rad and the other end of the pump to the front of the block with a Y-type AN fittings. Then the other side on top I guess I could just run a single line with AN fitting to the intake manifold.

My reason for all this is to clean the front of the motor up. I'm also dropping the alternator down lower to the point it would've been parallel with the water pump.

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
I have a electric CSR mounted on the motor and it's great, can cool the car down at the track with it and the electric fan on after I shut the car down in a hurry! Don't waste ur money on a remote mount. Ur Gona be 200+ in hose and fittings before u ever buy a good pump which are 200+ as well!

Hiiii Ryan :hay:

PS. Don't help this retard out. Let him sink.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
gjdrrDJ.jpg

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
I've just been googling around and came up with this one some one was running.
DAYTON Utility Pump 12VDC - Flexible Impeller Pedestal Pumps - 5UXL8|5UXL8 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Mixed between what psi to use, Heard the 35 gph would cool better but then I read that 55 gph, Quoted from another site,
"A larger pump would not only increase flow, but it would also raise the pressure in the block and heads, basically from the outlet of the pump to the thermostat/restictor plate housing, which would reduce the chance of steam pockets (hot spots)in the head around the combustion chamber, remember the more you raise the pressure, the more you raise the boiling point and steam doesn't transfer heat! You can use restrictors instead of a thermostat to control the flow and pressure inside of the engine and the rad cap would control the overall system pressure."

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
I appreciate it but I can't buy anything at the moment. Still need to try getting my Doc to release me so I can go back to work next week.

Just scoping out idea's. I still need to get the brackets to lower my alternator and get rid of the serpentine belt tensioner for an aftermarket one. Move the alt to the passenger side as well, figure out new belt size and how I'll do the power steering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info