Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
First, awesome pic of it launching and landing.

ECvc2OX.jpg

Pic of rocket.

CWzNZC_UkAEDgBv.jpg:large

Heres what its doing.

RocketLaunch_3155304a.png

And here is is LANDING. Fucking incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCBE8ocOkAQ

Bonus gif

CrCnJU4.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
So, which video is real time speed, the one here or the one in the original but not as good thread? That one had the rocket landing lickety-split like it was on steroids. This one seems more real.

BTW, it cost NASA $450 mil per shuttle flight. Space X builds these rockets for $16 mil. If they can re-use them, refueling costs $200K. That's $200K vs. $450 mil. or to put it in other terms, Space X can launch 2,250 rockets for every one NASA got up there.

Prevent

ilikemtb999 is my friend
Jun 29, 2009
My cousin works at spaceX posted this pic this morning of it coming down to land
f2cb772be7aa7ff76ef004502a929f4a.jpg

I feel like if he's given the chance or opportunity one should tell him to get all the SpaceX stock he can get... If we do end up going to the moon or mars or becoming a space civilization I foresee SpaceX being the common day Dutch East India Shipping Company and by the time they go public he'd be a bajillionare.

So, which video is real time speed, the one here or the one in the original but not as good thread? That one had the rocket landing lickety-split like it was on steroids. This one seems more real.

BTW, it cost NASA $450 mil per shuttle flight. Space X builds these rockets for $16 mil. If they can re-use them, refueling costs $200K. That's $200K vs. $450 mil. or to put it in other terms, Space X can launch 2,250 rockets for every one NASA got up there.

Yeah but that won't definitely be the case... You're expecting them to have to do zero refurbishment to the rocket.. One could reasonably assume there would be some sort of refurbishment needing to be completed and even if it is at half the cost of a new rocket, it's still a drastic savings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info