Wheel experts get in here. . . Please

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I'm looking at changing out the 18s on my truck. Stock set up is 265/65/18 on a 18*8.5 with 4.75" backspace and a 24mm offset. New wheel I'm looking at is a 18*9 with a 5" backspace and a 0mm offset. Plan is to keep tires and wear em out at which point I'll go 275/65/18 to fill the wells a touch more. Problem is I can't get a straight answer as to where these will sit. Online calculator says .94" one tire shop says 1/4" another says 1 1/4". At most I wanna be flush with the fender. Anyone who can chime in I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
The edge of the new wheels will sit approximately 1 1/4" further out. 24mm=.94" and you have to split the extra .5" of width to both sides of the wheel which is .25 bringing the total that wheel will move out to 1.19".
That feels acceptable to me. I really don't wanna spray road shit all of this fucking thing but I'm burning to change these stupid looking wheels.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
That feels acceptable to me. I really don't wanna spray road shit all of this fucking thing but I'm burning to change these stupid looking wheels.
Yea It'll definitely give it a more aggressive look. I'd shoot a laser or use the line method to see exactly where things will end up to be on the safe side.

Reactions: EmersonHart13
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info