Real Name
Fish
1662421254048.jpeg

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Slept like shit last night.
I had acid reflux that initially woke me up burning the shit out of my throat. I was up until that settled down but leaving me a sore throat.
My dog kept getting up and moving. Then he wanted out of the room so he kept barking. I finally ended up sleeping on the couch for a few hours before waking up. Now I'm tired, sore throat, headache and not in a good mood.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I'm not sure what I had. I didn't get a covid test because why?? If I'm sick I'm going to stay inside anyways and rest.
I have a low grade to mid grade fever for about 2 days. 99.3-100.3.
Sore, tired and a shit ass cough.
Everything is back to normal except this cough and being wore out.

I'm thinking it stemmed from getting caught in the rain on the bike Saturday night coming back from Milwaukee. It was already chilly out and then about 15 min of rain just north of Lake Geneva that got us pretty wet.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
In packing up the garage for our move today, I dropped a metal bracket on the hood of the Mustang. A box broke open and it bounced of the shelf and propelled it over to the hood. If it had fallen straight down, no big deal.

It left two dents and scratched the paint, fuck. At some point I'll take it to a bodyshop and see what they can do. I have a few other blemishes, I may just have them check out the whole car and see how much to fix them all. I'm ready to get bent over. Though if they do a good job, it's likely worth it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Sounds like a good reason to get a new hood.

That's actually not a terrible idea. I've always wanted to do some exterior appearance work on the Mustang, just didn't feel like spending money. I think the only one I like is a GT350 extractor type hood.

I don't care for the cowl hoods since I don't really have any mods that require it.

2015-2017-MUSTANG-18016000-5.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Had Panera on Monday night for dinner, halfway into my chipotle chicken sandwich and the texture of the chicken feels off, I spit it out and threw out the rest. Fast forward to 2am and I’ve thrown up so much I think the thanksgiving dinner I had in 1993 came out.
Dentist Tuesday morning at 10am (no more puking and I felt fine), got home at 12:30 after a root canal on right upper molar that was cracked without me knowing, fillings on tooth in front and behind it. 2 doses of numbing agents because the first wore off in an hour and I felt the drill literally go up into my skull. 2pm I get out of bed to go to the bathroom realize I have a raging headache and collapse on the floor since there was no indication my legs weren’t working, I get up and get into the bathroom and my face is bright red and swollen. As I go to look at how puffy my eyes and face are I notice how swollen my fingers are and they’re bright red as well. While I’m looking at my hands I notice that I’m still wearing the shirt I wore at the dentist and it’s got slobber, powder from the grinding of my teeth and a little blood on it, take my shirt off and it looks like I have sunburn from my belt line to the top of my head. Took a piss, drank almost a gallon of water and passed out half on my bed, half off. Woke up in time to see my wife off to teach her spin class and keep an eye on my son for a few hours with a headache reminiscent of post concussion. While chilling on the couch my son shifts his weight to show me the new LEGO toy and full on headbutts me in the exact spot I had all the dental work done. I scream, my wife screams in shock and my son starts crying because I scared him and as I’m trying to talk to him while picking myself up off the floor he says “Daddy you bweeding.” and I catch the mouthful of blood in my hands.

In less than 24 hours I’ve had;
Food poisoning
Major dental work
Drill bit pushed into the bone in my skull as the numbing agent is wearing off
Probably concussed
Bad allergic reaction to something
Split lip, bruised cheek and a freshly operated on tooth almost put through my cheek

I actually went to work this morning comforted in the fact that my job that consistently ranks in the top 20 of most dangerous jobs in the US is going to be safer than being at home.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Had Panera on Monday night for dinner, halfway into my chipotle chicken sandwich and the texture of the chicken feels off, I spit it out and threw out the rest. Fast forward to 2am and I’ve thrown up so much I think the thanksgiving dinner I had in 1993 came out.
Dentist Tuesday morning at 10am (no more puking and I felt fine), got home at 12:30 after a root canal on right upper molar that was cracked without me knowing, fillings on tooth in front and behind it. 2 doses of numbing agents because the first wore off in an hour and I felt the drill literally go up into my skull. 2pm I get out of bed to go to the bathroom realize I have a raging headache and collapse on the floor since there was no indication my legs weren’t working, I get up and get into the bathroom and my face is bright red and swollen. As I go to look at how puffy my eyes and face are I notice how swollen my fingers are and they’re bright red as well. While I’m looking at my hands I notice that I’m still wearing the shirt I wore at the dentist and it’s got slobber, powder from the grinding of my teeth and a little blood on it, take my shirt off and it looks like I have sunburn from my belt line to the top of my head. Took a piss, drank almost a gallon of water and passed out half on my bed, half off. Woke up in time to see my wife off to teach her spin class and keep an eye on my son for a few hours with a headache reminiscent of post concussion. While chilling on the couch my son shifts his weight to show me the new LEGO toy and full on headbutts me in the exact spot I had all the dental work done. I scream, my wife screams in shock and my son starts crying because I scared him and as I’m trying to talk to him while picking myself up off the floor he says “Daddy you bweeding.” and I catch the mouthful of blood in my hands.

Food poisoning
Major dental work
Probably concussed
Split lip, bruised cheek and a freshly operated on tooth almost put through my cheek

I actually went to work this morning comforted in the fact that my job that consistently ranks in the top 20 of most dangerous jobs in the US is going to be safer than being at home.
It’s safe to say you need to lock yourself in a room, because it ain’t over yet.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
It’s safe to say you need to lock yourself in a room, because it ain’t over yet.
It’s over for now except a milder headache, VERY sore right cheek and stomach muscles hurting like him training to fight again. Round 2 comes on the 11th when I have to go back to the dentist for a permanent crown and permanent fillings. Then again next year when I get the other side done - 2 cracked teeth, wisdom tooth and a crown on a failed root canal tooth.

And I’m never eating Panera again.

• Wow
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
My APC/UPS.... even though it is showing battery is still 100% its complete shit. Started to sporadically shut down, and doesn't go to battery. Self-testing yields the same result. Really wasn't planning on dropping another $150-200 for a new APC. Might go with a true sine wave instead of simulated on the next one.

I might try to find the receipt and see if there is any warranty on it. Can't be more than 3-4 years old though.

Damn, only a three year warranty. Definitely have to look for the receipt.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Food poisoning
Major dental work
Probably concussed

That’s rough.

What line of work are you in?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Over the weekend, one of the twins did her laundry.

Today, I go to toss a quick load in, get it in the dryer and I checked the dryer lint trap just to be sure and of course, she didn't empty it at all, so it was FULL.

This is why her laundry took forever to dry apparently.

Check the outside trap as well if you have one then.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Over the weekend, one of the twins did her laundry.

Today, I go to toss a quick load in, get it in the dryer and I checked the dryer lint trap just to be sure and of course, she didn't empty it at all, so it was FULL.

This is why her laundry took forever to dry apparently.
I had a friend that would actually check their lint trap frequently, but their electric dryer was taking longer and longer to dry their clothes. They took apart the dryer and cleaned it and its internal vent, no issues. Eventually the thermistor burned up from getting too hot. It would have been almost as expensive to replace the part then get a new basic dryer.

They ended up getting a new matched set, but gas dryer, and had the same issue. I went over and looked at the ducting that led outside to the birdcage. About 1/2 way through the attic was a massive clump of lint and debris. The seams of the ducting wasn't 100% sealed and you could see where some lint was being forced out through the joints from the pressure created by the dryer's blower. Took a good hour to clean everything out/up. After that their gas dryer was doing full loads in about 30-40 minutes.

If they had any clue that the ducting was blocked they could have saved a lot of money on new appliances.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I had a friend that would actually check their lint trap frequently, but their electric dryer was taking longer and longer to dry their clothes. They took apart the dryer and cleaned it and its internal vent, no issues. Eventually the thermistor burned up from getting too hot. It would have been almost as expensive to replace the part then get a new basic dryer.

They ended up getting a new matched set, but gas dryer, and had the same issue. I went over and looked at the ducting that led outside to the birdcage. About 1/2 way through the attic was a massive clump of lint and debris. The seams of the ducting wasn't 100% sealed and you could see where some lint was being forced out through the joints from the pressure created by the dryer's blower. Took a good hour to clean everything out/up. After that their gas dryer was doing full loads in about 30-40 minutes.

If they had any clue that the ducting was blocked they could have saved a lot of money on new appliances.

My sister's town home in roselle before they moved, had the roof replaced. The roofers put shingles over the vent, so it was 100% blocked. They went so far as buying a new washer dryer set before figuring that one out.

Whoops.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I take my leaf blower to the internal vent of the dryer once a year. Then look at the pile of shit that blew out of the outside vent. Pretty cool and highly recommended.
In the past I have used my shop-vac and switched the hose to the output side. Shove it into the wall vent, turn it out, then go outside on the roof to see if there is much airflow. I have a birdcage on the outside instead of the vanes/flaps. The last few years there has been very little, if any, lint or debris on the cage. My bigger concern is something getting through the cheap plastic and making a nest in the vent. So far after 10 years there have been no issues.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
My sister's town home in roselle before they moved, had the roof replaced. The roofers put shingles over the vent, so it was 100% blocked. They went so far as buying a new washer dryer set before figuring that one out.

Whoops.
Wow, I'd have been calling the roofer asking why they covered up a vent, and have them come back out to see what else they might have screwed up. Maybe some compensation for having to spend money on new appliances. No one wants to be held accountable for lazy or ignorant work these days.

Thread Info