đź’¬ OT đź¤¬ what made you say FUCK today?

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
love it there.

commiefornian's movin' in though making prices go fucking nuts.
Yup. They talk about Californians the way Indianerers talk about FIPS, only worse. I guess they've also made a concerted effort not to allow booming expansion in the area which has caused the choke in supply to suck even more badly. It's crazy seeing how prices there have spiked in the last year or so. I mean... yeah... the whole country has seen a big spike but out there it's absurd. To get a house in/directly around Bozman that's about the size of the one I've got (~2500 sq ft and at least 2 car garage), I'm probably looking in the 600k-700k range unless I went for one of the unmaintained piles that is still listed, and there aren't even many of those (forget matching the 5 acres too).... This, so far, is the only one I really like and isn't TOO expensive. But still way pricey and a quarter acre, seemingly with someones' personal trailer park in the back, and 45 minutes worth of commute each way. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/513-Valley-View-Dr-Whitehall-MT-59759/2129383527_zpid/ but it's cheap AF compared to everything else and checks all the boxes. And it's one of the only properties I've looked at that didn't skyrocket in listed price recently. They must be generally getting stupid high offers if they're all trending that way out there.

I wonder if it'll even normalize a little in the next year or so... I hope so. But then again I'd also have to work on getting rid of a house in IL in Zone A for flooding... so it's all probably a pipe dream anyway. But I'm working on it nonetheless.

Also it was nice seeing all the vehicles out there without total rot.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
This fucker barking at the window

BS ISF BS ISF

:rofl:

20210804_153949.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BS ISF

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
While loading up the bike for the track day I took a close look at my factory hitch/receiver and noticed what looked like more than surface rust. I put my thumb right through the walled steel. Any tongue weight would have ripped the receiver right off the frame.

Fucking road salt is eating my truck to nothing.

88218771-6F05-46C7-8571-D1C7269E0E78.jpg
A2B0D06A-6FD6-453D-A77D-E644D68092A8.jpg

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
A home I have under contract went under Lis Pendens today. The bank has filed for foreclosure. I think I have plenty of time to get the sale closed and pay them off but WTF? Banks... They knew we were selling the home for double what they are owed and still filed.

Why wouldn't they file and keep moving forward/apply the pressure?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
There's no need. The home will be sold and they will get paid and they know that. They're being very aggressive. Applying pressure when none is needed. Banks don't operate on logic. They operate on profit and their guidelines, IMO. They consistently act like 800 lb. gorillas. "We haven't been paid in XX days so we file regardless of circumstances." It adds stress to the sale and is no benefit to either buyers or sellers. I will make the sale work but it adds stress to me, the other Realtor and both parties. For no reason. Sellers now hired an attorney at their cost when none would have been necessary if the bank relaxed a bit. All they had to do was sit quietly and they would be paid in 3 weeks. If the sale failed, they could file then.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
There's no need. The home will be sold and they will get paid and they know that. They're being very aggressive. Applying pressure when none is needed. Banks don't operate on logic. They operate on profit and their guidelines, IMO. They consistently act like 800 lb. gorillas. "We haven't been paid in XX days so we file regardless of circumstances." It adds stress to the sale and is no benefit to either buyers or sellers. I will make the sale work but it adds stress to me, the other Realtor and both parties. For no reason. Sellers now hired an attorney at their cost when none would have been necessary if the bank relaxed a bit.

Someone mindlessly did that or they needed to meet a quota of busy work.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Exactly. Logic would say they realize the sale is through the inspection period and heading to closing and they will be paid. Instead, they add stress to the sale. freak out both sides and make it less likely to close. Banks are not on our side. Worst part is banks may actually make less money by their actions but they don't care. In this case, the home is worth way more than they are owed so it shouldn't matter but still...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I get that but in this case, their interference hurts their chances of getting paid quickly. They don't look at the particular details. There's no consideration for their customers. The sellers now need to go to court 5 days before closing to answer the foreclosure. The judge will look at the contract and say let's wait. It's so stupid. Lawyers get paid. This is one of the big banks and I have detested them for years. Pulled my funds from them years ago because of the way they operate.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Work truck has been down with a check engine light for 2 weeks, they ordered the part needed off eBay and it’s coming from China. Between that and our completely inept “mechanic” I’ll be lucky to be back in it by thanksgiving. Our other pole placing/removal truck is currently holding up a cable and pole waiting for ComEd to get off their butts and do their job (should only take them 6-8 months considering how fucked that company is). I currently have 50 street side poles to remove, 3 road widening jobs with dozens of poles to yank and thousands of feet of HUGE cables to pull in with the bed winch on my truck. It’s going to be a fun winter of pulling popsicles out of frozen ground. Add to that all the tools and equipment I’ve spent 21 years collecting to make my job easier is sitting in the truck in a parking lot and I’m back to the Bronze Age of doing my job.

• Sad
Reactions: EmersonHart13

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Also, on the way to work this AM, I pull onto 34 here in Yorkville and immediately, my radar starts going off like crazy. I get up to 45 (speed limit) and turn on my cruise control. I'm in the right lane and maybe a mile down the road I see the cop in the median. Truck in the left lane a few car lengths behind me must also have radar and is going 45. There's a small gap between us that remains constant. I get the instant on radar notification, meaning the cop targeted me once directly and shot his radar to get a reading (I assume)

As we get closer to the cop, a red Accord Sport 2.0T is coming up behind me at 55+ MPH I have to imagine. He clearly does not see the cop or have radar. He cuts between me and the truck that's 4-5 car lengths behind me. This all happens as we're 200 yards from the cop and he started to accelerate past me when he sees the cop and slams on the brakes.

Needless to say, cop pulls out, truck gets behind me and he flys past us to catch up to the red Accord and lights him up. Next light me and trucker are next to each other and he's having a good laugh about it.

This is why I have a radar detector and always will.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Also, on the way to work this AM, I pull onto 34 here in Yorkville and immediately, my radar starts going off like crazy. I get up to 45 (speed limit) and turn on my cruise control. I'm in the right lane and maybe a mile down the road I see the cop in the median. Truck in the left lane a few car lengths behind me must also have radar and is going 45. There's a small gap between us that remains constant. I get the instant on radar notification, meaning the cop targeted me once directly and shot his radar to get a reading (I assume)

As we get closer to the cop, a red Accord Sport 2.0T is coming up behind me at 55+ MPH I have to imagine. He clearly does not see the cop or have radar. He cuts between me and the truck that's 4-5 car lengths behind me. This all happens as we're 200 yards from the cop and he started to accelerate past me when he sees the cop and slams on the brakes.

Needless to say, cop pulls out, truck gets behind me and he flys past us to catch up to the red Accord and lights him up. Next light me and trucker are next to each other and he's having a good laugh about it.

This is why I have a radar detector and always will.
I haven't used mine for the past week as I'm using the lighter port for my dash cam. I did get my hardwire kit in and will be able to use the radar once again. But looking to upgrade it soon. My passport Max is just getting up their with its usage. Time for that upgrade.

Thread Info